Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here to get some help with rear sprocket change. Read the thread will wait to post there. Think I have a bad spot in my chain. Chain is loose except in 1 spot of chain rotation. Everything is in line and in the right place. There has been no damage to front or rear sprocket. I am always spraying my chain but after 18000 k in Thailand it may be time to replace. Cleaned and lubed again but same issue.

Ideas???

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That is not many miles for a well maintained chain. Visually inspect the sprockets. Find some online pictures of what worn sprockets look like. The front sprocket wears more because it sees the chain three times as often. When worn the teeth look hooked. The O.E.M. rear sprocket is tough and will usually outlast a couple of chains. It can even be flipped over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all thanks for the replies. Both sprockets look fine. I was trying to go to 44 tooth rear then got this issue. Being in Thailand parts are hard to get and expensive. I have the new rear but will get a new chain and front. Just trying to think of other possible issues.
I think I assembled things right. Its only in 1 spot of the chain, multiple rotations of both sprockets and wheel so....its gotta be a chain. ( I think)

No a single good supplier on internet in Thailand that I have found.

Thanks all anyway.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
Don't tell me... "... and I only used WD-40 to lube it just once in a while.." :rolleyes:
Nope. The WAY I would put it is:"... and I only used WD-40 to lube it VERY frequently!..."

As in after ANY ride over 50 miles; any ride in rain; mid-way thru the day on long trips; and before making camp when traveling.

:yeahsmile:

By keeping my chain in VG condition I'm ALSO reducing the power it takes to turn the chain, improving performance as well as gas-mileage, and my countershaft sprockets are replaced regularly.

:goodidea:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Question,

do we have an official 16T front sprocket 'Mod' or conversation/tech thread?

I have something to post/ask, and wanted to park appropriately..

(been searching.... and am not sure)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.