Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought a 2017 Versys X 300 ABS, and have been riding on the residential streets around my house for 50 miles keeping the RPM's below 5k (I really tried to keep them below 4k, but just can't seem to do it, as one road has a speed limit of 40 mph). I am new to motorcycles, and although I have taken the MSF BRC, am having a blast learning the ropes in the evenings when there is still plenty of light but not many cars. I look forward to connecting on this forum and learning from everyone here!

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I think I read in the rules that I need to do a 2nd post on my first thread in order to kick off the 48 + 2 hour waiting period. Hopefully this does the trick!

Stephen

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:welcome:aboard and enjoy your ride - Be safe.

Just ride with a lot of variable speed and a lot of shifting between high and low gears and if you push , keep it for a short spell. You should be good on the break-IN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keeping the revs down is a real trick with the 300X, I came off a 900 sport bike so the 300 is a real change. Have to say though it's so much much fun to ride, you made a great pick for a first bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts