Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a KLR 650 used about three years ago. I walked out of the dealership today with a new 2010 Versys....my first new bike! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sweet!!

Glad you joined the club:clap:. Hope you get as much out of the ride as I do.:yeahsmile::D

Jsquared

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Quick question. It seems like when I shift up the pedal sticks and I have to readjust my foot on the pedal. Is this normal? Engine and transmission breaking in? I've got a size 12 boot and there's little room between the peg and the pedal, so I've been on the forum looking for a solution/adjustment.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Welcome to the "verse" Neighbor.
'Bout time another east sider discovered kawasaki's best kept secret.
Did you get yours from Macomb powersport also?
Perhaps I'll see ya down the road sometime soon.
I'd like to check out that NEW Versys of yours.

be well.
Ride safe.
Peace.
"the Stagehand"...38

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thanks guys. Quick question. It seems like when I shift up the pedal sticks and I have to readjust my foot on the pedal. Is this normal? Engine and transmission breaking in? I've got a size 12 boot and there's little room between the peg and the pedal, so I've been on the forum looking for a solution/adjustment.
Might want to adjust the shift lever up a tad to accommodate your 12's...I put Speeds peg lowering kit and left the shifter adjust alone and my 13's fit and work perfectly now...Was a tight squeeze before;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stagehand38...yea, Macomb Powersports...did you take the green Versys from their showroom last fall? I've ducked in there a couple times to buy stuff for my KLR and kept looking at the Versys. Finally bit the bullet and bought one. Know anyone interested in buying an 04 KLR 650?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice Bike! I bought my 2009 and that was my first new bike. I just got back into riding a few years ago. Nice to see someone else from the metro Detroit area enjoying a new Versys!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
stagehand38...yea, Macomb Powersports...did you take the green Versys from their showroom last fall? I've ducked in there a couple times to buy stuff for my KLR and kept looking at the Versys. Finally bit the bullet and bought one. Know anyone interested in buying an 04 KLR 650?
YUPPERS!!!! That was me.:D:yeahsmile::D
picked it up late October last year. and lovin' every minute of it.
First bike ever.....
and hey, A third eastsider.....

Howdy "Brovie".

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts