Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a little off roading just before this pic (note gravel on road:)
Green Swamp Preserve Central Florida-absolutely beautiful scenery.
Saw some wild turkey hens runnin' around, also many predatory birds.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She loved it, and she didn't even freak out when I went "off road."
I played it out like I wanted to stop for a photo!!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
When i was a bit younger and my wife was my girl friend (we been married coming up 22 years) i decided to be smart in the gravel on my DR 500 doing what we call a doughnut and ended up loosing bike and spinning out of control with bike on top of me so i yelled at her get this bike off me but she was also under bike, she has not forgot!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My first 2+ hour ride with my then girlfriend (now wife) was on a Kaw Ninja 250. Then she told me if I wanted to two up for anything more than a trip to town, I had to get something bigger.

Auto-marry! ;D - And enter the Versys.

Congrats on what looks to have been a beautiful ride!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My first 2 up was also on the 250R Ninja which was not comfortable for both of us. I took that reason to get a bigger one, got her to the showroom and asked her to sit on the V with me. She gave the green light, and so, the V ended up in my porch. :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
We did a 150 miler a few weeks ago, super sunny warm day, lots of twisties, and a beer and sandwich at the summit lookout cafe. She loved it. When we got home she mentioned the seat was a little hard so I pulled off the cover and put an insert of memory foam, then smoothing foam, and re-covered it. Now she's dialed.

I had the big 'strom for about three years and she would never get on it. When I got this one she said she'd ride on it, so I got her boots and a jacket, nice helmet, and we're golden. We may actually throw the side cases on and go for an overnighter at some hotel or B&B. The bike works great, freeway at 80 is just no problem. And she's finally quit leaning the other way in the corners. She's following my body leans. She's a big girl, we're about 350 combined. Bike handles great...heavy, but great. :D

If we were to do a lot of it though I think I'd want a big Tiger or Bmw or something. S-10? Something with big power and a big seat.

:clap::clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts