Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick video on turn signal and brake light bulb replacement with LED bulbs. Lights were pretty much a straight forward replacement. The digital flasher was pretty simple as well. It took me longer to make the video than to do the work. LOL.

Ill be adding several other modifications to the bike and will make a short video for each and post them here. Im sure there are probably 1000 other videos already but hey, maybe these will cover something that was missed. :)

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
545 Posts
Disclaimer: I am repeating information that I don't have significant technical knowledge to back up.

There's a lot of information on the v650 side about shunt vs series voltage regulators ... and how going to LED and not changing to a series regulator may burn out the shunt regulator prematurely.

I never saw a verification that the x300 has shunt type regulator, but seems to be likely.

Food for thought... wish I knew more to clarify, but I'm in learning mode... and didn't have let's on my list yet, so haven't looked any further. I wish @onewizard would hurry up and buy an x300 so he'd have hand's on experience like he does with the 650!!

Happy Wednesday!

JT

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disclaimer: I am repeating information that I don't have significant technical knowledge to back up.

There's a lot of information on the v650 side about shunt vs series voltage regulators ... and how going to LED and not changing to a series regulator may burn out the shunt regulator prematurely.

We shall see. LOL Not sure which style the 2009 Versys 650 had but it had LEDs for 90% of its life. Its not really something Im worried about at this point. :cool: In other news the lowering links and kickstand will be in the mailbox when I get home today.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We shall see. LOL Not sure which style the 2009 Versys 650 had but it had LEDs for 90% of its life. Its not really something Im worried about at this point. :cool: In other news the lowering links and kickstand will be in the mailbox when I get home today.
Did you get adjustable lowering links? My first set were fixed length ... which ended up making them ... disposable!

They worked great with the stock tires. Got my feet almost flat on the ground. But when the stock tires wore out I chose to go with tires that were oversize due to availability (110/80-19, 140/80-17). That completely eliminated the effect of the lowering links and put the seat height right back to stock. :rolleyes:

I got some adjustable ones from Soupy's, (For those who might still be looking: Soupy's Versys-X 300 (2017-And Up) Double Style Threaded Lowering Link )

That did the trick and now I have complete flexibility to choose different tire sizes without worrying about screwing up the ride height again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts