Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Tomorrow I'm picking up a 2011 Versys and I'm very excited to get riding! A little background: I took the MSF in early May and started looking at bikes suited for tall riders around that time. I'm 6'5, closer to 6'6 actually and around 205 so pretty lanky. I originally wanted a DR650 and still may end up getting a dual sport down the road, but after sitting on a Versys I immediately felt a connection. I was a little nervous it might be too much power to start but after reading on here it seems like a safe starting point as long as you go about it smart.

I'm already planning on picking up a SW-Motech crashbar and barkbusters - I'm new and this thing is a lot heavier than the nighthawks at the MSF course so I want to be ready in case anything unforseen happens in.. my driveway :)

Anyways thats all for now - definitely interested in any input from people who started on a Versys or who are taller like myself. Hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
You may also wish to consider lowering pegs with your height and perhaps a seat that gives you more room.

I'm 5'11" and love my taller Givi touring screen. Ideally I want clean air flowing to my helmet to prevent buffeting and allow air in the helmet vents but want the wind shield to keep wind off my chest at highway speeds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely looking into a taller windscreen, this one is coming with lowered pegs already so one less mod!

·
Registered
403 Posts
:welcome:The MSF is great. Practice what you learned. Get protection for your bike, definitely. If you keep your eyes up and to your destination, the V is incredibly agile, despite it's weight. In comparison to the 250s they use it sure seems heavy. This bike handles, and responds very well. My ex had ridden blasters and 225 4 stroke dirtbikes while growing up, and her first real moto was a V650 (when she was 18) and she kills it! Being tall, this is your bike. Have fun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered barkbusters and the sw-motech crash bars. Thrilled to own this bike!

Love seeing how tall it is next to my car :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the V2 2011 family. The Metallic Imperial Red is THE BEST color out there :D. But watch out or your bike will look like mine if you are not careful with the farkles.........It's an addiction. :guilty:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Congrats! Good that you took the course. Don't forget to buy good protection for yourself, too. Helmet, gloves, motorcycle boots, armored motorcycle jacket and pants.

·
Registered
805 Posts
:welcome: from New Hampshire. I think the V is a perfect bike to start on if your tall. I started on the lower 650R (same engine) and the loads of torque make it fun and forgiving. Enjoy it. Lots of good roads up north.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to the V2 2011 family. The Metallic Imperial Red is THE BEST color out there :D. But watch out or your bike will look like mine if you are not careful with the farkles.........It's an addiction. :guilty:
THE BEST? Hmmm...I beg to differ. IMO, the "Thunder Blue" is the actually the best. :thumb:

But...one can argue that there really is no bad color for the V.

Have fun and be safe.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts