Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my first 5 commutes on my Versys. I think I need to tighten the rear brake as I need to step on pretty good before I feel it slowing down. Anyone else have a similar feeling with theirs? Otherwise I love the bike. I still seem to hit every red light on the bike like I do in my truck :smile2:

·
Registered
842 Posts
In addition to adjusting the rear brake look for a set of stainless steel brake lines - they make a world of difference.

·
Super Moderator
19,771 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

I put SS brake-lines onto my '08... :thumb: - :thumb: ...!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is it possible your relying too much on the rear brake? The front brake is your primary brake, percentage wise on average the front brake supplies 70% of stopping power, rear 30%. Also, Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have a 2013 and the rear brake have no feel to them. I plan on trying the ss brake line, and better pads. My only complaint about the versys is the lack of good rear brakes, and the very uncomfortable seat. Other than that, it is an excellent motrcycle.

·
Super Moderator
19,771 Posts
Try raising the front of your seat, Skypilot. Costs about $2 (and I've ridden 120K miles w/ that mod - my bum's FINE!).

·
Registered
842 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts