Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I decided on the manual breakin method and today I finally broke the 1000 mark. I do have to say, this bike is REALLY fun above 6k rpm!

I now officially have 1000 miles of riding experience. I bought my V 2 months ago and am loving it. The 100 degree heat and being away for the better part of the last couple weeks have kept me off the bike, but I managed to find some excuses today to put a few extra miles on.

I initially bought this bike as a short term (2-3 year) solution for transportation until we were in the spot for a new car. My wife says to me this weekend as I was talking about the bike, "I have a feeling this isn't just a short term thing anymore huh?" "Yup." I said, "I'm hooked."

She's honestly happy that I'm enjoying it, I mean it was her idea in the first place. That, and she has her vehicle back too ;)

I've had quite a few questions over the last couple months as I got started with all of this, so THANKS to all of you who've given input on my questions/issues and have helped me figure things out. :thanx:

Here's to many more thousands of miles to come! :cheers:

A couple more pics to show her off to:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
speaking for myself I pretty hooked on the bike after 11,000 km's of riding some really great roads and still getting off the bike with a goofey smile like on drugs

·
Registered
52 Posts
You boys need to get out more, I have put 2,500 mi. on my v in six weeks. Of coarse it was already broken when I bought it( 5,000 mi) and I'm not working right now.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Would love to get out more, but some mornings its been -5 celcius warming to a high of 8 but now a month past the shortest day and hopefully more daylight hrs more V riding time

·
Registered
27 Posts
Way to go !

I can't wait for 1k miles... heck, I can't wait for 500 miles. I am at 372 now.

What?

No, I don't constantly sit here with a |->118<- Miles To Go| sign on my desk that I update every time I ride...

*hides the sign*
*whistles innocently*

Anyways, nice looking bike! I especially like the shot of you and bike together. Very well composed shot, actually.

P.S. You can jump these bikes? For real and for true?

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Your pictures speak a thousand words. Nice images and enjoy your ride.
One nice looking SUPER BLUE V- dont tell the green guys ours is the best

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
hooked nonsense I have had mine for 15 months and over 15,000 miles and i am not hooked.
:funnypost:
Me thinks ...someone...is in denial!!!:D:thumb::D:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your pictures speak a thousand words.
Way to go !

I can't wait for 1k miles... heck, I can't wait for 500 miles. I am at 372 now.

Anyways, nice looking bike! I especially like the shot of you and bike together. Very well composed shot, actually.
Thanks guys, the pics were taken by my wife. She loves photography and is learning like crazy.

Take 'er off any good jumps yet?
And no, no jumps.....yet :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Feels good, dunnit? I followed factory break-in as well. Managed 600 mi. between picking it up mid-Sept. and the end of the riding season sometime in Nov. 2700-ish now, mostly commuting. Maybe next time I get a new ride (if ever; might return to the used route) I'll try Motoman's method.

As an aside, you look like to be about my size (6'/34"/165) and wear my helmet. Hows that screen work for you? Givi, right? Apologies for threadjack.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Feels good, dunnit? I followed factory break-in as well. Managed 600 mi. between picking it up mid-Sept. and the end of the riding season sometime in Nov. 2700-ish now, mostly commuting. Maybe next time I get a new ride (if ever; might return to the used route) I'll try Motoman's method.

As an aside, you look like to be about my size (6'/34"/165) and wear my helmet. Hows that screen work for you? Givi, right? Apologies for threadjack.
Yup, just about your size except for weight. I'm 6'/34"/195. The Givi works better than the stock for blocking wind and definitely reduced my head bounce on the freeway. Below 65mph it's fairly calm and pleasant, but once I hit 70mph, the buffeting starts. It's not horrible, but definitely noticeable and annoying at speeds above 65mph.

Most of my freeway jaunts are only a few miles so I just deal with it, but there's been a couple longer distance rides on the freeway that I've found my ducking down a bit as I ride.

Eventually I'd like to try the madstad, but can't justify the price tag right now when this works fairly well for everyday riding.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts