Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I've been a lurker here for quite some time.Was always intrigued with the V and as i trade bikes a lot,have shopped for one from time to time.Just never had things line up right to make a deal.I've always ridden big heavy cruisers and presently own a VTX 1800C.In fact it is my 4th X having owned 3 18's a a 1300 Retro with a harley 1200 sportster and a Suzi 1500LC Intruder between.Anyhow ,this past friday a old friend came over on his V and we took a nice 130 mile run of 2 lane blacktop.Traffic was minimal and speeds were high.We did a lot of 80-85 mph cruising.We traded rides and i was amazed at the power the 650cc engine can pump out.The handling is fantastic even with his less than perfect tire condition.I pumped the X up a bit over 100 one time passing a group of cars and i'll be darned if the V wasn't right there on my hip!He pushed me a little in the twisties,but other than that the V and the X make great riding partners!I wish i could afford a second bike,i would snatch one up in a hurry.His was a 08 with 18k and a few add ons.C bailey shield was great.Gave great protection.One of these days i will have a Versys!Ride safe,Don

·
Registered
75 Posts
the V is surprising, a sleeper, and inspiring. Seems to make the rider a better rider. It's a solid bike in many aspects.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I came from a vtx 1300 as you can see by my signature and other heavy crusers too. I wanted something quick and lite and boy does the Versys fit that mold. Go ahead and sell or trade, you know you want one now that you have taken a test ride, no regrets on my end for sure.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I like lighter bikes, I traded in my Buell on my Versys. PLUS it's much more fun to ride a small bike fast than a big bike slow!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,the 1800 is anything but slow.It's a torque monster and a fire breathing dragon.Great for piling on lots of gear and traveling too.But the V is sure a lot of fun.It's quick and flickable.I like it a lot.Yes,perhaps i will trade or even better,figure out a way to have two bikes without the wife throwing a fit and running me off!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Had one long ride on a V by myself and enjoyed it. Nice.

Had one short go on a V following a fast rider trying to keep up. Two entirely DIFFERENT worlds. Man, I was a wuss the first time around. Following the quick rider through turns and no traffice, I realized what that motor really can do.

Can't afford a second bike now, but the V and that 650 is on my mind. Just awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts