Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking around for a while while doing some research on my new bike. Now that I finally pulled the trigger on my 2008 Versys I have officially joined the forum!

Actually this site helped me make my decision on the Versys. I had been looking at a few different bikes and in the end it came down to the BMW F650 GS and the Versys. After going on a couple of test rides, I actually chose the Versys over the BMW, it was much more comfortable and fun to ride.

I've been more of a vintage bike guy for many years now, so jumping up from my old 1972 Honda CB350 to the Versys has been quite a change! I am loving the Versys for sure, certainly the nicest bike I have ever owned!

My first, and only, planned modification is installing the Motowerk lowering kit. It just arrived in the mail today after ordering only Friday night. Excellent service! I am only 5'5" with a 30" inseam so the lowering kit was a must. I have sat on a Versys with the kit installed and it fits me perfectly so I am excited to get it installed and get the front suspension lowered as well. After that, I don't see a need to do anything additional by way of mods, other than installing my new ER6 side stand that I got on ebay. I am waiting for it to arrive before installing the lowering kit. I didn't want to cut the original stand in case I need to put it back to original someday. Also, the ER6 seemed to be the more stable option and more economical to boot.

I am looking forward to learning more from you all. Any suggestions and/or recommendations on my new ride will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Doug

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome: Well done! It has been the funnest bike I have ever had! Now I ride through Yellowstone Park every year! What a kick! :D

Congrats! :thumb:

·
Registered
612 Posts
:welcome: Well done! It has been the funnest bike I have ever had! Now I ride through Yellowstone Park every year! What a kick! :D

Congrats! :thumb:
Hey MTS, how much time approx would you recommend to see a decent bit of Yellowstone? When I look at it on Google it's hard to get an idea. 1 day,2 days ?

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Hey MTS, how much time approx would you recommend to see a decent bit of Yellowstone? When I look at it on Google it's hard to get an idea. 1 day,2 days ?
At least TWO days!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Welcome. Glad to hear you love the bike. Not surprised, just glad. You're in the right place.:welcome:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts