Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my VX300. It's a versatile bike and it's good at pretty much everything I throw at it. I do a lot of long trips. The longest to date was a 10-day 2,500km trip. And of course, my bottoms did suffer quite a bit, especially during the days I would be riding 8+ hours.

So today, I finally took it to a place to get the seat reupholstered. I asked them to add a lot of extra padding (also for the pillion), given how hard to stock padding is.

This is how it turned out. It added at least 3" in height, but I am very happy with it.

Price? 20 USD. Money well spent!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The foam was added on top of the standard foam. I have done about 60km today. It's still firm enough to be supportive. So far so good. I'll report back in a couple of hundred km's to let you know how it's working out.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice! Was it just a regular upholstery shop or a motorcycle seat specialty shop?

I’d also like to know how it turns out for you after a few hundred miles or so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shop was indeed specialized in motorbike seats. It took them 3 hours to make it. First bonding the foam onto the standard foam, then carefully shaping the foam and finally making the cover. I got to choose the vinyls too. I went with something looking close to stock.

Luckily this is southeast Asia and labor costs nothing.

I have been riding some more (50 km or so), as the VX300 is my daily driver. Still no complaints.

·
Premium Member
7,882 Posts
The shop was indeed specialized in motorbike seats. It took them 3 hours to make it. First bonding the foam onto the standard foam, then carefully shaping the foam and finally making the cover. I got to choose the vinyls too. I went with something looking close to stock.

Luckily this is southeast Asia and labor costs nothing.

I have been riding some more (50 km or so), as the VX300 is my daily driver. Still no complaints.
where is SEA are your from. I am from Malaysia..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts