Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2009 Versys yesterday. I've been looking and reading for a long time and I'm finally an owner of this great bike.

My bike history spans 12 years, during which I've owned an SV650S, CBR600F3, Yamaha R6, Suzuki Hayabusa (x2), and now the Versys. I was ready for a light, punchy, flickable steed to rack up some touring miles in the mountains. I think I've found the perfect machine.

I appreciate all the great info in these forums. Hopefully after I get to know her, I can contribute as well. Glad to be here.

P.S. Hopefully there is a picture attached to this post.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Nice photo, x2 busa's well you are on a very different machine now but you will love touring and cutting up twisties and i can tell you as i ride with guys with busa's, zx14's etc the Versys will hold its own in the tight stuff.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome! What plans do you have for the touring? Anything specific farkle-wise? :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats! I really like the Kawi green... i wanted it myself but the only V left at the dealer was red.

Is that like a warehouse, or just a really huge garage/workout room?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! What plans do you have for the touring? Anything specific farkle-wise? :)
I went for a ride today, did about 160 miles. I know I'm going to shave the seat first, get rid of that slope. My first purchase is going to be the SW-Motech engine guard and some kind of highway bars. After that, luggage. My first distance trip on it will be next month. I can't wait!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! I really like the Kawi green... i wanted it myself but the only V left at the dealer was red.

Is that like a warehouse, or just a really huge garage/workout room?
It's my barn/shop out behind my house. I kind of use it for everything. My wife says I live out there. ;)

Thanks. Ya, I dig the green, too. I drove six hours each way to get that color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.