Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my bike back from the awesome mechanics here in Silver Spring, MD. They did a lovely job at putting on all the goodies I got for my V and making it into a bike I've been loving for the past 3k miles. Here's my list of mods that have been applied thus far and more to come. I went from luke

Motowerk Lowering Link + Kickstand insert + Slide triple tree - steering is quicker now (but I'd attribute ~80% of that to better tires). Importantly, I can flatfoot now! I could only touch 1 foot before. (5'8" 32 inseam). *NOW* it's a proper city bike.
Motowerk Lowered footpegs + lower brake pedal
Vstream Windscreen + plastic sheet mod to maybe prevent melted dashboard
ROX 2" bar risers
Oxford touring heated grips - simplest way to extend the riding season and excellent in the summer evenings
Crampbuster - best touring mod byfar
Boosterplug - noticeable improvement at lower RPM's (2-3k rpm is now useable)

T-Rex Crash bars with sliders + Fork sliders

RK 114link XR ring chain (gold)

Michelin Road 5 -160/60 120/70 - favorite addition to the bike thus far. The V now feels like a featherweight and is more flickable than my 100lbs lighter KTM390. I now really enjoy this bike

my OEM chain had 4 or 5 frozen links at 10k miles
my valves were in spec at 10k
lt cyl
in- .007" / .006"
ex- .009" / .009"
rt cly
in- .006" / .007"
ex- .008" / .008"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, thanks for all the info. I have an '08 Versys 650 I would like to lower; where did you get the lowering link for your bike (I didn't see if you said what year your bike is)?
Regards,
Will

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Installation

Sorry, I re-read your post and see the Motowerk reference, thanks.
Will
There are postings on this forum for installation, a simple car scissor jack and a small piece of 1/2 or 3/4 plywood . I had a 07 lowered, use caution on the front fork lowering, a vertical support can save some embarrassment later ( overhead rope ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts