Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I simply couldn't take it anymore! I had the dreaded 4K rpm buzz, it sounded like the front end was coming apart. I did some reasearch on fixes that forum members have tried, and planned on attempting all of them in one swoop. I was surprised to find out that the instrument cluster made no noise when shaken, so I didn't open it up. I added basically weather stripping to all contact points and tightened some bolts that I found loose in the windshield. The outcome was a noise free ride in all gears at all RPMs! I did notice that the adjustment knob on the clutch lever makes a slight noise, but a little piece of tape wedged under it cured that as well. So thanks for all the posts and pics describing your actions to fix these problems, they worked like a charm!:clap:

·
Registered
281 Posts
It may come back slightly......... Seems like every year or so I hear a little buzzing and need to reapply some Velcro or something.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The best solution I've found so far is - using the foam ear plugs from Walmart. When they're in, I can't even hear the CLUNK when I drop it into 1st gear!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Ear plugs are good and save hearing. :thumb: As one thread warned and I had no idea it was so serious. :eek:

A small amount of rubber air line under, or around odometer stops noise on 2010 and up. :thumb: Also in a really good thread! :thumb:

Some people love a good buzz! I don't! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today was the first day that I rode the V to work after the fix, and what a huge difference. Really lets you enjoy the ride, instead of focusing on what is causing the annoying noises! I'm waiting on the postman to deliver some goodies for the bike, I'll post some pics when I get everything put together.:cheers:

·
Registered
86 Posts
buy a crappy helmet and drive fast , cant hear a thing . haha . I noticed today a strange buzzing after I removed the water tank side cover yesterday , I hope it doesnt get any louder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts