Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying my V in January, I have had yet to see a SINGLE other Versys of any year in my travels around NYC and the 5 boroughs. Well, today that finally changed! I saw someone riding a red pre-2010 V on Central Park West at 86th Street. Was it someone on this forum? I hope so! I couldn't turn around due to traffic and time contraints, so I'm hoping it was somebody here... :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
After buying my V in January, I have had yet to see a SINGLE other Versys of any year in my travels around NYC and the 5 boroughs. Well, today that finally changed! I saw someone riding a red pre-2010 V on Central Park West at 86th Street. Was it someone on this forum? I hope so! I couldn't turn around due to traffic and time contraints, so I'm hoping it was somebody here... :thumb:
I'm in Brooklyn, though my blue Versys hasn't been my main two-wheeler until recently and lived in my garage in the 'burbs. I also see a red one that parks down on South Street by New York Plaza sometimes.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I love NYC......but I don't think I could ride a bike there :eek: Maybe if I knew where I was going I guess.....jussayin'

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yes indeed...and after all these years it still seems like the "V" is still an obscure little bike for obscure little people...like me:D...LOL

I figure it like this; Bikes like the Versys are sorta like a.....thinking mans bike. ( or maybe even a 'poor' thinking mans bike ;)).
We devotee's of Kawasaki's "lil bike that could" are not impressed by 'lifestyle' bikes, nor do we care so much about top performance or "having the look" of a 'sporty'.....
We want to ride for hours and hours or even for days on end. We like fast, but we cherish handling quality even more.
We don't care much about what others think when they see us ride by. (Hell, I'll bet most of the time we don't even notice!).
We ride because we truly love to ride and once we are at speed the world falls away.
And I'm not saying that folks on full dressers or super-sports don't love to ride but we that ride bikes like the "V" want it all...in one package.
Companies like Kawasaki (our "V") and triumph (Tiger 1050), Suzuki (wee-strom) understand this.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Farkled to the max or box stock, These bikes are cheap to run and a hoot to ride and...dare I say it...display more clever engineering than the best of the best out there because they are eminently capable at a very affordable price.

So here we are, riding in oblivion...with not a care in the world...riding a bike that's fast enough for the real world, can cut a corner almost as good as the best of the sporty's with out destroying our backs, and take us across the country with nary a single complaint.

We don't see each other that often...but when we do, I'd be willing to bet my bike:eek:....all involved in those chance meetings are smilin' ear to ear.
Let the good times roll INDEED!
and so it goes.
:cheers:

OK..I'll shut up now:clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts