Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long break from riding (almost 10 years) I finally got a brand new 2014 Versys ABS for a sweet deal and couldn't be happier :D

It's an awesome piece of machinery and a very good upgrade from my old Yamaha TTR 250 and Honda CBR 400.

I am in love!

Any riders around NYC that wanna ride upstate and explore around?

Cheers,

Amr

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome back to riding and to the Versys Forum.

There is a lot of knowledge here and they others can help with any questions.

Enjoy the V

Alan

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot everyone.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the looks of this generation model rather than the newer ones, I feel the newer ones front end looks a bit out of place hahaha!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks a lot everyone.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the looks of this generation model rather than the newer ones, I feel the newer ones front end looks a bit out of place hahaha!!!

Me me me!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome back to riding, Amr! I also am a recent return after 7 years away from bikes. I think the Versys is the ultimate "gateway bike."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know! Right?!

After moving to the city and selling my Jeep, I needed something to zip outta the city and the Versys is perfect for that!

I am travelling abroad for a couple of weeks and when I get back, I'll grab it and ride upstate to the mountains and have some fun with twisties :D

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa, ON, only 1/2 ride from Ogdensburg, NY border crossing and ride a few times a year upstate. Adirondacks is one of my favorite places to ride.

Got the same version 2 bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome back!

I too took a break once getting married.. Just under 7 years. When we received orders to move to California, I decided to get a motorcycle primarily for my commuting. I use to ride sport bikes, than got the same exact bike as you. Wife makes fun of me a little because I ride Kermit the Frog, but I love the bike! I believe the color is one reason I got a steal of a deal on it -- apparently no one wanted that color! It's an extremely comfortable bike, though I do miss some of the power that I was previously use to. This will do for quite a few years, and if I stick to the Versys, a 1000 will be my next consideration. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from Ottawa, ON, only 1/2 ride from Ogdensburg, NY border crossing and ride a few times a year upstate. Adirondacks is one of my favorite places to ride.

Got the same version 2 bike.
Maybe we could meet up there and ride together haha! I need to get to know adventure tourers and expand my social circle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome back!

I too took a break once getting married.. Just under 7 years. When we received orders to move to California, I decided to get a motorcycle primarily for my commuting. I use to ride sport bikes, than got the same exact bike as you. Wife makes fun of me a little because I ride Kermit the Frog, but I love the bike! I believe the color is one reason I got a steal of a deal on it -- apparently no one wanted that color! It's an extremely comfortable bike, though I do miss some of the power that I was previously use to. This will do for quite a few years, and if I stick to the Versys, a 1000 will be my next consideration. Enjoy the ride!
First of, thank you for your service.

Secondly, non-sense, Green is THE color when riding a Kawasaki, haha! I love that color, besides, if you get bored just plastidip the fairing the color you want (you don't even have to change your registration since it's not permanent)

And yeah, the ride is very comfortable!

Question though, does this model and year experience a lot of vibrations in the handlebar around 5K-6K RPM? or is it just me? (I am still breaking the bike in and only spiked that high once or twice!

Feedback is greatly appriected sir.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This bike does have a little more vibration than what I'm use to. I do recall there being a bit more vibration in that range when I was braking it in. My other issue is that I'm 6'2" (6'3" on a good day), and the wind goes straight to my helmet (not a bike issue!). We have crazy wind here in Northern California, and I feel like a bobble head half the time. Really debating on upgrading to a touring windscreen.

And I agree with you, Kawasaki Green is the only way to go!

Reactions: Amr

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
...Wife makes fun of me a little because I ride Kermit the Frog, but I love the bike! I believe the color is one reason I got a steal of a deal on it -- apparently no one wanted that color!...
I passed on a good deal on a black '15 650, BECAUSE I wanted the green one! I get compliments on the bike, because of its color, ALL the time.

:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
You can get any color you want, as long as it's green...;)

When I told my wife I was getting a green one, she just made a face and asked "why?" Then she saw it in person, and said "oh...that's nice!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts