Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fieldsheer Compact Bags

"I am NOT taking any order's at this time. I may resume building the support's in the future."

The Order List
1. rumbo75 (SHIPPED)
2. buffamazon (SHIPPED)
3. ThunderDog (SHIPPED)
4. versman (SHIPPED)
5. weljo2001 (SHIPPED)
6. 865greenV (SHIPPED)
7. Buckeye (SHIPPED)
8. csa714 (SHIPPED)
9. wampuspacker (SHIPPED)
10. Green Versys (SHIPPED)
11. bulldozer (SHIPPED)
12. drmwmc (SHIPPED)
13. redline (SHIPPED)
14. idealformat (SHIPPED)
15. fasteddiecopeman (SHIPPED)
16. sonrise (SHIPPED)
17. LJBeasley (SHIPPED)
18. oldmxer95 (SHIPPED)
19. jrider (SHIPPED)
20. jimmesa (SHIPPED)
21. blipco (SHIPPED)
22. Calico Jack (SHIPPED)
23. desertfox (SHIPPED)
24. Pismocycleguy (SHIPPED)
25. jamboa (SHIPPED)
26. Rik (SHIPPED)
27. pmac (SHIPPED)
28. fasteddiecopeman (SHIPPED 2nd set)
29. you kiddin (SHIPPED)
30. 2slow (SHIPPED)
31. kimel (SHIPPED)
32. johnfz (SHIPPED)
33. rcfield (SHIPPED)
34. sparky (SHIPPED)
35. whobble wheels (SHIPPED)
36. Alien 8 (SHIPPED)
37. josh (SHIPPED)
38. totalresistance (SHIPPED)
39. miblue (SHIPPED)
40. jb7 (SHIPPED)
41. buck017 (SHIPPED)
42. orthod0ks (SHIPPED)
43. baron650 (SHIPPED)

While ordering my wife a new Fieldsheer Adventure jacket the other day I seen they had these "Compact" bags on clearance and thought $67 bucks why not? I could throw them on towards the front and go but, there was no way the wife could put her feet on the rider pegs. So, I bent up these little supports to make the bags very sturdy mounted back to clear the pegs. I need to paint them before final install but, I thought I would show them off first. I know, nothing World changing here!

With the bags mounted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Very nice. They blend in with the rest of the bike perfectly. I, too, have those bags and without any support they sort of hang inward and look awkward. Did you make your supports from aluminum tubing?

·
Premium Member
16,368 Posts
I had those bags when i first got the bike liked them but hated the way they mounted to the bike. not very neat looking but with those racks they look very good great job.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. They blend in with the rest of the bike perfectly. I, too, have those bags and without any support they sort of hang inward and look awkward. Did you make your supports from aluminum tubing?
I used 1/2" mild steel round stock. It isn't as heavy as you might think, easy to heat and bend, and easy to heat and coin the ends for mounting surface's. I can be a little picky about thing's and I spent most of a Sat. making them. To get them even and to get the compound bends just right it took a little time. The second one was a lot faster than the first side. I have been asked about making them to sell on a couple different forums and didn't really think to much about it but I may make a few set's to sell in the near future. I am thinking $40.00 plus shipping (includes two supports, painted, hardware)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't weigh them. They stick out just slightly past the signals. Here are a few picks after final install.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sign me up for a set of those if ya start making em. That is my gripe about soft bags, too. I don't want the weight/expense of hard cases for my 25 mile commute, but I gotta have stowage! nicely done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bag supports

Put me down for a set as well should you choose to make a few for others. Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the interest guys! I will start working on the supports next week. The wife is going in for surgery in a couple weeks so bear with me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It looks like just 2 bolts so I'm assuming this can be put on in just a couple minutes. Also I'm assuming you will be painting them flat black to match the frame.

Am I first in line? Riding season is under way here in houston!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I paint them Hot Rod (satin) black, Hot Rod black is better than flat black. It's like flat but, has a smoother finish. Yes it looks like you are first in line and yes they go on quick and easy. I assume you want Hot Rod black?

1 - 20 of 231 Posts