Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was messing around with the horns and some bad contact in the left handle bar control and when I was done the Fi light came on. tracking the fault code (67) led me to understand that it is the Lambda sensor.

Asked around and people just told to get an eliminator, but OCD as I am I wanted the bike to run as intended, bought a used Lambda sensor and replaced - guess what?? the Fi light is still on (did not have time yet to verify that it is still code 67).

Anyone cal help me out in figuring this one ?
Should I reset the Fi somehow ?
Did I F#$% up the ECU ?

Any and all advice and assistance will be more then welcomed..

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
have you tried unhooking your battery for a few min? be surprised how meny times thats fixed bs things like that

·
Premium Member
9,943 Posts
Service manual on site

Buy a whole lot of oxygen sensors and keep changing them until you get a good one>:)

Okay, there are good parts and defective parts, and causes for malfunction, trying another part is poor troubleshooting as the root cause may be in wiring or some other place, installing a good part in this situation could damage the good part.

So there is a manual on this site, you haven't mentioned the year, but I looked at the 2015 manual, under Oxygen Sensor Heater (Service Code 67) FUEL SYSTEM (DFI) 3-89, many possible causes, ECU relay, ECU, frame ground ( but not likely), start with a ohmmeter and follow the testing procedure, you could have a loose connection for the heater, chances of two sensors with the same problem are remote---BTW if you follow Kawasaki's handling procedure, you would never buy a used sensor unless you removed it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.