Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 13 V yesterday. When I got it home, I noticed an extra hole on the back half, left side of the front fender. I suspect there is suppose to be a black clip that supports the brake hose there, but its missing.

Can anyone confirm before I call my dealer on tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Marty,

I suspect you're absolutely correct. On my 2008 there are two brake line clips, one on the right and one on the left.

Kerrville? As in Kerrville, TX? :thumb:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Picked up a 13 V yesterday. When I got it home, I noticed an extra hole on the back half, left side of the front fender. I suspect there is suppose to be a black clip that supports the brake hose there, but its missing.

Can anyone confirm before I call my dealer on tomorrow.
My new 2011 was the same way, dealer said it was that way from the factory...? Just like the MISSING well nuts for the windshield. If you decide to change the position you are going to have to FIGHT with those little PITA pieces to remove them. WHY wouldn't the factory fill all the holes in the first place? :dgi:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My new 2011 was the same way, dealer said it was that way from the factory...? Just like the MISSING well nuts for the windshield. If you decide to change the position you are going to have to FIGHT with those little PITA pieces to remove them. WHY wouldn't the factory fill all the holes in the first place? :dgi:
Because of the Bottom Line... At maybe $.02 each multiplied by the millions and millions of "spare" holes that are not directly used at the time of manufacture probably adds up to a pretty penny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts