Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just finishing up my valve clearance adjustment and on the final check the feeler gauge slipped from my fingers and went down the cam chain hole. I really have no idea what to do... the valve adjustment was pretty much the peak of my engine experience. Any advice would be of great help... I feel like i'm going to be sick! -Chad

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HOLY BALLS.... I just got it with my extension magnet. I was going to delete this but may be a good warning to others to keep your feeler gauges on a chain, or get the long ones. The *tink*sound of the magnet finding it's target might be the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
LOL! Right on. So you already had an extension magnet. That's great.
A little rush of emotions, ending with a "Tink!" of success!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha... well, it's easy to laugh about it today! I woke up this morning thinking how little sleep I would've gotten had I not found it last night. I've been using an extension magnet for my valve clearance check which might be a bit on the big side for the job, since I'm fighting it half the time from attaching itself to everything, but it sure came in handy last night when I had to just blindly get it down there. This valve clearance adjustment has certainly been an experience!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Glad you got it out. I learned on the KLR board to stuff a rag down the "Hell Hole" or be ready to pull the motor apart if needed. Stuffing a rags a LOT easier to deal with so I stuff 'em every time.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was just finishing up my valve clearance adjustment and on the final check the feeler gauge slipped from my fingers and went down the cam chain hole. I really have no idea what to do... the valve adjustment was pretty much the peak of my engine experience. Any advice would be of great help... I feel like i'm going to be sick! -Chad
It happens to the best of us. Over time, experience has tought me to plug up passages like that with a rag. Replacing valve stem seals in place, dropping a valve keeper into the sump is a pain in the arse.

·
Banned
895 Posts
I thought that kind of sh*t only happened to me!!!!!

Hey Chach, if you're ever down this way you can help me adjust my valves, just don't forget your magnet!!!;)

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
HOLY BALLS.... I just got it with my extension magnet. I was going to delete this but may be a good warning to others to keep your feeler gauges on a chain, or get the long ones. The *tink*sound of the magnet finding it's target might be the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.
:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts