Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I have only had the Versys for a little over a month, what is the favorite farkle of the owners who have had their bikes for longer? So far I've only added a fender extender, read hugger, and MRA touring Xcreen. What is the your must-have?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Crash bars cause I dropped my bike a few times. Theyre kinda like cheap insurance. Love my Givi v35 saddle bags too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tall parabellum windshield. I am 6' 2" tall and could not ride this bike with the stock screen. The noise was deafening, even with ear plugs. I now ride with a 3/4 open face helmet with flip up visor and get very little breeze on my face with the visor in the up position.

Put on the motowerks peg lowering kit on day two. So not sure if this kit was #1 or not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Terry Adcox flat saddle makes it possible for me to stay on the bike for about three hours before I need to dismount. Original saddle was simply evil.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
Got a TON of farkles on my Vs, but the ONE I use every ride, and wouldn't be w/out... my "Vista Cruise Universal " throttle lock.

YES - engine guards and 'barkbusters' are great, but I try REALLY hard NOT to use them.... :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Banned
895 Posts
This seems like a useful extra;

Couple of questions regarding "extras"

Does the Versys have a model that comes with a rack/carrier & hardbags as standard, or are they "add on" extras.

Are barkbusters fitted as standard?

Does anyone else think that Kawasaki's website needs "farkling" to make it more user friendly?

:thanx:

·
Registered
354 Posts
If I could only have one farkle it would be the sidecases (i guess some people might consider that 2, but the racks are useless without the cases and vice versa), makes the bike SOOO much more useful. Next would be the taller windshield.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My givi windscreen. It's the windscreen the bike should have come with. I have sidebags, but they are just convenience. The windscreen makes the bike rideable and that beats convenience.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
This seems like a useful extra;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhIupsDjHBQ

Couple of questions regarding "extras"

Does the Versys have a model that comes with a rack/carrier & hardbags as standard, or are they "add on" extras.
In some markets they are, mainly England and Europe. Some places like Australia and I think Canada they are from time to time available as free "added value items"

Are barkbusters fitted as standard? Same answer as above

Does anyone else think that Kawasaki's website needs "farkling" to make it more user friendly?

:thanx:

·
Registered
81 Posts
My favorite is hands down the stebel horn, that weakass horn it comes with was an embarrassment, I so enjoy waking up sleeping cages.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts