217 Posts
Looks just like mine!!!
Very nice addition.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lost,
Forgot to ask, where did you get that blue chain lube???
Thanks,

·
Registered
530 Posts
Does this FatFoot help the side stand to seat better? I mean when I put my side stand down - it's not all the way down even though it's on the pavement. I usually have to put my foot behind the stand and push it out some more or turn the handle bars to scoot it out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ocean,
Mine hasn't had the problem you are describing, before of after the Fatfoot.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ocean,
Mine hasn't had the problem you are describing, before of after the Fatfoot.
Hmmm - interesting. I actually dropped the bike because of this issue. I thought the stand was down and locked, it wasn't. The bike rolled forward off the stand. Now, when I get off the bike I put my foot behind the stand and pull it out and turn the handlebars to the left to ensure that stand is fully out.

I didn't have the problem on my old bike. But, the stand was also better built and more solid than the Versys stand. It would be nice if they came out with a center stand - I'd be first in line to get one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ocean,
Sounds like something is hanging up and preventing the stand from fully deploying. Lube the pivot and check the spring for hitting something.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ocean,
Sounds like something is hanging up and preventing the stand from fully deploying. Lube the pivot and check the spring for hitting something.

Bad-Tat : thanks for the suggestion and I gave it a try. It did help bring the kick stand down nicely but it still doesn't go into place without a shove.

I'm thinking the mount that is welded on the frame is not set correctly and the stand makes contact with the ground too early.

I'll have my dealer take a look at it at the next service interval.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts