Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The farkling is done for this month, but it was too cold to go ride so I just went out and visited with my Girl Friends,
(that is what my wife calls my bikes) Adjusted the mounting on the Versys 300X top box as I did not like the looks of how the factory mounting holes placed the box on the rack. And just wiped down the rest of the girls while I was in the garage. Last pic is a group photo of me and the girlfriends

Attachments

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Do the cars have their own garage? :)

My bikes have to live in the shop.

I like your solution to the narrow HF lift. Where do you put them when you have the bike raised and are working on it? I was thinking about figuring a way to hinge something onto the sides of the lift that fold in when the lift is raised.

·
Registered
821 Posts

I like your solution to the narrow HF lift. Where do you put them when you have the bike raised and are working on it? I was thinking about figuring a way to hinge something onto the sides of the lift that fold in when the lift is raised.
I was also liking that solution. Thinking 1/2" plywood with 2x2 corner/cross piece reinforcing for a place to screw to.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

I was also liking that solution. Thinking 1/2" plywood with 2x2 corner/cross piece reinforcing for a place to screw to.
My wifes car lives in the same garage when she is home from work. Small bike gets moved in front of the others. I rent half of the neighbors garage for my MX5 Miata, and my truck stays outside, as it won't fit into the garages in our town home complex. It is an exercise in utilizing space very carefully and not collecting any unnecessary items/junk. We down sized from a large house in Texas to a town home, when we moved back to Colorado 8 years ago. But as with everything. Every void will get filled.

As far as the outrigger boxes for the lift. They are stored stacked up along the garage wall when the lift is raised.

Here are a few more pictures to give you all an idea. As you guessed I like to use pictures in my post.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was telling chucksklrst on another forum that our 3+ car garage is filled and anything else will force the bikes into the walk-out basement shop area. I told the wife we should have gone with a 4 car garage. You just can't have too much space. We have to rent a storage space for our fifth wheel a mile from the house as it is. We have acreage but it is so hilly we have hair pin turns that the fifth wheel can't make to get to the house.

My garage is a bit dirtier but I love garage photos. The best thing in the garage after the truck is that pellet grill. It's simply amazing coming from decades as a charcoal pit boss (you can't use gas for steaks). That pellet grill sears and flame broils as well as smokes. I can't recommend the right one enough. That one is a Pit Boss 820D. The little cart is filled with 120 lbs. of mesquite, hickory, and competition blend grill pellets.

My little cycle lift is in the walk-out basement. I have a lot more FARKLE's coming for the Versys. Will post as I install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts