Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Just wanted to share my pictures of my new tank bag from FAMSA. This is a model specific bag FA244/48. So far I like it, the bag fits like a glove and looks like it is custom made.

Cost $189.00 + Shipping.

I know... I know... Its not cheap but, you get what you pay for.

www.bikerworldusa.com

Expanded

Un Zipped To Fill Up

·
Registered
699 Posts
Very nice, rather spendy though. Where did you pick it up at?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good question, I hate the stock mirrors. They look cheesy and vibrate like hell, I was adding bar end mirrors and didn't get to the throttle side yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dude buy a larger tail bag or add another tail bag that thing is way big! Can you see your gauges? To big for my taste but to each his own. Like the way it moves to fuel though. Look at the Joe Rocket tank bags before you get that one dirty. Much more stream line and carry lots of stuff. Lots cheaper as well.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Look at the Joe Rocket tank bags before you get that one dirty. Much more stream line and carry lots of stuff. Lots cheaper as well.
Joe rocket bags are cheaper for a good reason. They work OK for urban riding, but do not offer good solutions for those that need to go touring or even a long day ride (limited storage, not enough useful external pockets to organize stuff you need quick access to and no map pockets? Yeah, I know most people don't leave their neighborhood without a GPS these days :rolleyes:)

Wolfman offers serious tankbag solutions at somewhat more economical prices. Those who like the design of this Famsa bag but can't bring themselves to spend ~$200 on a tankbag.

Gustavo

·
Registered
119 Posts
Way too big for me too, I want my tank bag for small stuff that is easily accessible and pack my tent in the back! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No, its not too big. The picture is a close up so of course its going to look big. I can see the dash even with the bag expanded. My SV650S had a bigger bag than this one (Nelson Riggs) and I never had an issue. The Joe Rocket is a nice bag but it doesn't fit nearly as well as this one.

Its just money, they make it every day....
:cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's my tank bag

This is my tank bag. It ain't got a map pocket but it has a hydration bladder :)
Loosen one strap and the bag moves over to uncover the gas cap. H speed rated and the price was free. It was a bank giveaway for opening an account.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
This is my tank bag. It ain't got a map pocket but it has a hydration bladder :)
Loosen one strap and the bag moves over to uncover the gas cap. H speed rated and the price was free. It was a bank giveaway for opening an account.
Looks like a backpack from that angle.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey

Just wanted to share my pictures of my new tank bag from FAMSA. This is a model specific bag FA244/48. So far I like it, the bag fits like a glove and looks like it is custom made.

Cost $189.00 + Shipping.

I know... I know... Its not cheap but, you get what you pay for.

www.bikerworldusa.com

Expanded

Un Zipped To Fill Up
i didnt see the model 244/48 on there list ??

·
Registered
501 Posts
This bag is going on my Christmas list. It looks like the cat's ash.

Thanks for posting.

"Honey? Can you take a look @ this?"

:D :yeahsmile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts