Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oldest just graduated high school. Started preparing for a send off trip a year ago. Son got license, daughter got permit (only 15, limited to 250cc in Texas). Been doing training rides; logged about 3-4k miles each to prepare for trip. Got riding gear also for three younger boys that can ride pillion. Two youngest have to ride in van since too small.

Four bikes: My V1k, wife's V650, son's Vstrom 650, daughters' RX3

Van tows two bike trailer. Either son, wife or I drive and tow bike. Daughter can ride as much or little as wants. Son given complete preference whether to ride or drive van; his risk tolerance is lowest of all, and we planned the curviest roads we could find. Pillion passengers also given complete preference whether to ride in van or on bikes.

By the time we finished son rode bike for 400 miles, daughter for 5.5k miles, wife and I for 7k miles.

Texas > New Mexico > Arizona > Utah > Idaho > Wyoming > Montana > South Dakota > Colorado > Kansas > Oklahoma > Home again.

Excellent ride. Happy we are all safely returned.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
...Excellent ride. Happy we are all safely returned....
GREAT family pic!

I hope you're planning a write-up w/ MORE detail, AND pics....

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Absolutely great sounding family trip. What a spectacular way to enjoy an adventure and see what the country has to offer from behind a windscreen. Many of us would look forward to a travelogue describing the routes your travels took you and tons of photos of the sights you discovered. I can think of countless sights along your general route that are memorable, and undiscovered by those who don't travel the curvy roads.

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
231 Posts
Congratulations! What a special adventure for your family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts