Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Same kit. There are a lot of shared parts with all of Kawasaki's 650 bikes including the factory tool kit. The tools in this kit are relatively cheap quality and difficult to work with because of this. That said you do need the spark plug tool and rear spring peload adjust tool that comes with this kit. So it would appear there is no way around not owning this.

Professional quality T handle Allen keys have been one of my best tool purchases along with a telescoping breaker bar I use to remove bolts my socket handle does not give me enough leverage to, like my rear axle bolt. You only actually need three sizes of Allen keys for the versys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yes, I have many of those tools already in my tool box (pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, even a few shock tools), but I like having the factory tools under the seat just in case too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
get a pack or roll, and collect the small tools you need for routine and emergency maintenance. the kit with the bike is limited and poor quality. as i did maintenance, i'd throw the given tool into the kit, and now i have most of what i need to repair the bike on the road. no bought kit is complete for any given bike. better to build your own. cheaper too.

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts