Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.

Until then, enjoy a healthy Hardee's breakfast.

Banned Carl's Jr Superbowl Commercial - Big Sausage Breakfast

Yea they have good commercials thats about it....Wanted a good burger today so thought i'd go to Fat Burger. Damn shame right at $15.00 for a burger, fries and a drink and like all the other burger joints out here...So disappointing....:(:(

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yea they have good commercials thats about it....Wanted a good burger today so thought i'd go to Fat Burger. Damn shame right at $15.00 for a burger, fries and a drink and like all the other burger joints out here...So disappointing....:(:(
Hardee's used to have a jalapeno burger I liked, but apparently I was alone as it got axed from the menu.

I imagine with the minimum wages rising, eating out is going to get considerably more expensive, especially for the economical establishments.

I like beer, so I tend to eat at bars and they're always more expensive. $19 for a large pizza night before last...before the beer tab.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The way you guys split lanes out there, it's only a matter of time until some driver changes lanes and ruins a perfectly good day.
Actually, safety is why they allow lane splitting. Bikes would get run up from behind by multitaskers that only notice vehicles bigger than themselves. With all the bikers getting crippled and killed, insurance companies were about to go belly up for the cars. To compound that, on a sunny day, motorcycles can add up to 20% congestion on an already maxed out interstate system.

The car drivers are really good here and it is surprisingly safer than anywhere else I've ridden motorcycles: hands down. That's one biker out of a million here. Motorcycle safety is the very best thing about California. It takes a while to get used to it, but just keep your bike maintained, and it's a blast if you concentrate every second you are on the road. Of course heavy Harley Davidsons, bulky 'bricks', and stooped over crotch rockets are not as safe: learn or burn! I will dread the day I leave CA mainly because of the motorcycle safety number one.
:wink2:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Actually, safety is why they allow lane splitting. Bikes would get run up from behind by multitaskers that only notice vehicles bigger than themselves. With all the bikers getting crippled and killed, insurance companies were about to go belly up for the cars. To compound that, on a sunny day, motorcycles can add up to 20% congestion on an already maxed out interstate system.

The car drivers are really good here and it is surprisingly safer than anywhere else I've ridden motorcycles: hands down. That's one biker out of a million here. Motorcycle safety is the very best thing about California. It takes a while to get used to it, but just keep your bike maintained, and it's a blast if you concentrate every second you are on the road. Of course heavy Harley Davidsons, bulky 'bricks', and stooped over crotch rockets are not as safe: learn or burn! I will dread the day I leave CA mainly because of the motorcycle safety number one.
:wink2:
I don't see anything wrong with splitting while slowly passing cars while they are near stationary, though even that has risks with people opening their doors to spit or just to close them tightly. At least hitting them isn't likely to result in death at 5 or 10 mph.

However, I see a lot of videos where the riders get cocky and start passing moving cars like that and carrying a lot more speed. It's a recipe for disaster. People get a false sense of confidence because they saw or actually got a way with it a few times. Sooner or later, the law of probability will have it's way with them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hardee's used to have a jalapeno burger I liked, but apparently I was alone as it got axed from the menu.

I imagine with the minimum wages rising, eating out is going to get considerably more expensive, especially for the economical establishments.

I like beer, so I tend to eat at bars and they're always more expensive. $19 for a large pizza night before last...before the beer tab.
You talking about the El Diablo? I'm so sad they cut that from the menu..

I see the pros and cons of lane splitting. I agree with kawdog it is beneficial 99% of the time. People get a false sense of security though and start doing it at improper times and it ends in...death

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Just S of Mesa in San Tan Valley there's a place called 'the San Tan Flat Steakhouse' that has a burger they named "the Duke". Costs $12.99, and has an 8 oz patty, two kinds of cheese, bacon and mushrooms, and fries.

San Tan Flat

May NOT be healthy... but boy is it ever GOOD...!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just S of Mesa in San Tan Valley there's a place called 'the San Tan Flat Steakhouse' that has a burger they named "the Duke". Costs $12.99, and has an 8 oz patty, two kinds of cheese, bacon and mushrooms, and fries.

San Tan Flat

May NOT be healthy... but boy is it ever GOOD...!

:thumb: - :thumb:

I don't care about the cost as long as its "Good" I've ran across a couple of good burger joints out here but nothing within a 3 hour ride each way.:frown2: It just seems the meat these days just doesn't taste like beef. But maybe i'm just old and my taste buds have given up..:smile2:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't care about the cost as long as its "Good" I've ran across a couple of good burger joints out here but nothing within a 3 hour ride each way.:frown2: It just seems the meat these days just doesn't taste like beef. But maybe i'm just old and my taste buds have given up..:smile2:
My Father's Office in Santa Monica.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My Father's Office in Santa Monica.

Might have to check that out. It would be tough though, One of my favorite places to eat breakfast is past there up PCH to Waypoint Cafe at the Camarillo Airport

French Toast, Sausage, Soft Scrambled Eggs.....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

A Little Biscuits & Gravy on the side...

and Airplanes....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Might have to check that out. It would be tough though, One of my favorite places to eat breakfast is past there up PCH to Waypoint Cafe at the Camarillo Airport

French Toast, Sausage, Soft Scrambled Eggs.....

A Little Biscuits & Gravy on the side...

and Airplanes....

I have no idea how you don't fall asleep after a meal like that!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts