Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any issues with tinted windscreens and ezpass? I haven't mounted mine yet (and it failed to trigger the gate today, handheld) but I'm wondering if I should look for alternatives to inside the windscreen right in front of the cowling.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Versys has MRA Vario windscreen installed and I have tried numerous different heights for the EZ-Pass placement, but there is still a 50/50 chance it will activate. I've tried holding it up right above the windshield and there is still a 50/50 chance. Sometimes it doesn't read at all and sometimes entering and exiting the turnpike it will read normally. I am guessing the booths has some issue detecting our weight (?) because there were two instances that my EZ-Pass paid for the 3 axle truck following behind me.

Currently, I have it placed in my tank bag and enter the booth at speeds less than 10MPH and it has worked like a charm.

For times that it failed to read, my license plate does get captured by the cameras and I just get charged normally.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks. My buddy asked if I ever had problems with it, and I don't really recall any major annoyances before.. He had gone in a gate and it didn't trigger.. Lady said it was a weight issue. The very next day I had it happen to me, like he cursed me!

I held it out in front of the windscreen today and it didn't work, but the gate was up so I just drove on through. I think I'll put it right where I had it before, and hopefully the tint doesn't mess with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts