Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recommend the best can for the Versys. I find that the origional exhaust is fine but lacks some 'soul'. dont want anything too loud, just a better sound. cheers

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
The first video is without the DB killer in.The second is with it in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have this set up:
Arrow exhaust. One of the cheaper setups and I really like mine. Not too loud, but noticeable now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can DIY easily;) 2-3h max... the problem can be removing oxide sensor (idk if is right name) but coca-cola helps;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
MY arrow comparison video. best bang for buck
http://youtu.be/FV-y3-NomZo
Didn't mean to imply that it was my video if some people took it as that. Just posted it since I found it to be the best before/after video there is for the Arrow and it's the exact same set up I have (2011 Versys with Arrow). Sorry if there was any confusion.

Also in regards to time. Getting the stock exhaust off the bike was an utter pain in the butt for me. I had to make multiple runs to hardware stores before I finally finished so I took way over 3 hours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks for all suggestions. it seems down to either the Arrow ( dark lane?) or Scorpion for the UK. can anyone say which is best for a deep sound ( not too raspy)
thanks
mike

·
Registered
403 Posts
well, thanks for the compliments.. i spent some decent time on it, because all the other exhaust videos are of the bike at idle.. NOT anything like the sound of the bike under LOAD.

the exhaust was pretty easy to come off...
the install required me to unbolt one header on the exhaust outlet side and pull back on the headers to allow the arrow to fit in between the tire.....

it's a TIGHT squeeze, and it took a lot of my strength (and reserve, to not smash things) to pull the exhaust away from the tire and then tighten the hell out of the bolts. there is about a 1/2" gap between the can and the tire at the moment :) but it seems to be pretty normal for everyone else....

you will notice that the arrow is about 1/4 of the weight of the stock can. and the sound is nothing short of amazing.

you'll also need to cut about an inch off the rubber washer guy that goes inside the mounting bracket... but overall, 2 hours, including the frustrations... ENJOY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts