Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are my exhaust ports, before and after smoothing out the sharp step and rough edges and outlets... Also my pre-welded Magnaflow 2" ID inlet, 2-1/2" ID core muffler and Yoshimura 1-5/16" ID quiet insert, beside the Muzzy (2" ID header collector and silencer inlet):

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nothing to recalibrate. It already runs flawlessly without a PCIII, but with vacuum hose mod, adjusted TPS, airbox mod, smoothe matched TB flanges, advanced ignition timing, disabled PAIR... It ran fine with the loud, low restriction 1-3/8" ID outlet Muzzy silencer. It should sound much smoother now, and run even better.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You are the man for sure. I have not read of anyone porting and polishing their heads, another invader first. Hats off!:clap:

The exhaust looks like it's going to be killer!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Outstanding

Yet again you have proven to lead the modification pack. Any dyno numbers before and after? If not how about the old butt dyno.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just can't wait to hear the new beast... Winter should be gone from here in about 4 weeks. No dyno runs yet. I'd like to check it soon and see if the 70 HP (at the rear wheel) barrier can be shattered. :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
did you clean up the ports, engine on the bike? seems doable. Nice work on the exhaust, you paid attention to the top of the port where it counts. That quietcore looks sweet, too.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, engine still on bike, just with header, removed. My front wheel and forks also happened to be off and out of the way. I plugged the holes with clean oily towels, and vacuumed it out before pulling them out after. I used a small flap wheel on a rotary tool. Pic doesn't show it well, but i smoothed out the sharp inner and outer ridge all around and some roughness on the walls...

·
Registered
779 Posts
That thing is going to sound AWESOME! I predict---> Deep, rich tone. Very nice welds!:thumb:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. It does look close to the tire in pics, but there's about 3/4" clearance. It's well tucked in... :thumb: That's the sound I expect, Red Herring. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts