Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I know this has been discussed on other posts but im after an exhaust system for my 16 650. The issue is none of them run cat converters. I want it to stay legal. The maximum penalty for not complying to environmental standard is over $10k.

Is there anyone that makes a one with a cat. The stock exhaust is too quiet for me.

Cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
So you wanna sound like a "bad boy" but not risk getting in any trouble? :rolleyes: Your exhaust is most likely NOT too quiet for your neighbors. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
154 Posts
What compels someone to respond with anti-aftermarket exhaust comments? If someone wants to buy something for their bike and they ask for advice either answer the mans question or leave the pompous comments to yourselves

·
Registered
756 Posts
What compels someone to respond with anti-aftermarket exhaust comments? If someone wants to buy something for their bike and they ask for advice either answer the mans question or leave the pompous comments to yourselves
I think its been a common remark on ( I think) 3 exhaust threads now..

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think its been a common remark on ( I think) 3 exhaust threads now..
Yes, and sorry for diverging from the thread topic but folks get trashed on for wanting an exhaust. News flash to the older crowd of motorcycle enthusiasts: not everyone is like you. You aren't their neighbor so that exhaust won't bother you. And if it does tough bits...last I checked we live in a free country so either answer the OPs question or take your opinions and discuss them with your wives over breakfast and see if she gives a whoot because we surely don't...end of rant...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ohhhh, touchy, touchy, I must be hitting a nerve.... Or is it "we like LOUD! NO DIVERGENT OPINIONS ALLOWED". I keep forgetting that you pups have no need or desire to hear anything that differs from your own ideas. I'll stop. So when stonekillerz (stonekillerz, really) is on the side of the road with the local constables where will you guys be? ronheater will be counting my remarks on noisy cans. Spy will be writing "newsflashes" to older riders. Stoney will be watching his almost new license go up in flames. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ohhhh, touchy, touchy, I must be hitting a nerve.... Or is it "we like LOUD! NO DIVERGENT OPINIONS ALLOWED". I keep forgetting that you pups have no need or desire to hear anything that differs from your own ideas. I'll stop. So when stonekillerz (stonekillerz, really) is on the side of the road with the local constables where will you guys be? ronheater will be counting my remarks on noisy cans. Spy will be writing "newsflashes" to older riders. Stoney will be watching his almost new license go up in flames. Happy motoring.
It's the OPs decision if he wants an exhaust...not mine or yours, old man. If you don't like it who gives a what.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did I just hear a squeaking sound?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(stonekillerz, really)
Yes really. its my gaming handle.

The reason i want a louder exhaust is to scare the wildlife that i encounter on my commute to work. I have had a few close calls with kangaroos and would rather not.

I have since found that IXIL make 2 exhaust systems with the requirements for pollution. Now just to find someone who sells them here.

Thanks to everyone for your opinions you have been very helpful (INSERT SARCASM HERE)

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Before you spend your hard earned dollars on a loud but legal exhaust to alert wildlife, you might want to do a little research.

Most of the noise you create will be behind you. For wildlife in your path to be scared off the exhaust will have to be very loud, and the outlet will have to point forward.

The best way to alert wildlife of your presence wold be to mount a pair of loud horns on the front of your bike.

If your Kangaroos are as smart as our deer, they may run toward the noise instead of away from it. Our deer only survive and multiply because we killed off most of their predators.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey

I know this has been discussed on other posts but im after an exhaust system for my 16 650. The issue is none of them run cat converters. I want it to stay legal. The maximum penalty for not complying to environmental standard is over $10k.

Is there anyone that makes a one with a cat. The stock exhaust is too quiet for me.

Cheers
Check MIVV exhausts and also arrow. They both have the KAT option.

Scarichi moto per KAWASAKI VERSYS 650 2015 > ? Mivv

http://www.arrow.it/it/assembled/1386

·
Registered
972 Posts
Doesn't seem to matter what bike you ride..........some like it loud and some like it quiet. I had Vance and Hines Long Shots on my 1500 Vulcan and loved the sound. The Versys will live with the OEM muffler as I like sound of the motor (not the exhaust) at 7500 RPM.

To each there own eh?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doesn't seem to matter what bike you ride..........some like it loud and some like it quiet. I had Vance and Hines Long Shots on my 1500 Vulcan and loved the sound. The Versys will live with the OEM muffler as I like sound of the motor (not the exhaust) at 7500 RPM.

To each there own eh?
Agree with you that the bike sounds good at higher rpm!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts