Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my exhaust header started to rattle so i removed it and found there is a plate where the two pipes join that had broken it's welds. A friend TIG welded it and all seemed fine. with it off, i used it as an opportunity to ceramic coat the outside, mat black. This past weekend was the Buffalo Rally which i went to, about 1000 km round trip, unfortunately it has broken loose again and sounds terrible. My question is, can I remove this plate? Guy

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Do you mean a seperator plate inside where the two downpipes meet at the collector? I now have a Muzzy header without such a plate, and have since sold my original header.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like you have a defective header or something loose or broken somewhere else that's causing it to break. Like a loose or broken engine mount, ect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got hold of the manufacturer of my aftermarket box, Scorch (locally made) and he says that i can remove it, no problem. Now i got to take it all apart and then work out how to get it out..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have removed the header and have taken a photo but cant post. (asks for url of photo).
Cant think of how to remove that separator plate.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have removed the header and have taken a photo but cant post. (asks for url of photo).
Cant think of how to remove that separator plate.
upload your pic to a picture hosting site, for example www.imgur.com and then copy the url and paste it in the image box.

alternatively you can use the attachment option :

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts