Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the thread about the iffy rectifier/ regulator on the V I bought and installed a charge-sensing LED from Sparkbright. It's economical and super-easy to install. The LED shipped quickly (from the UK) and came with simple instructions. It seems to be working well. I think this because I rigged it to a 5V circuit by mistake and it showed "not charging". It's now correctly rigged to a 12V circuit (left front running light in a 2009 V) and shows that the system is charging. Users on the Triumph site seem happy with it as well.

Of all my farkles this has to be one of the best bang-for-your-buck ones out there. So I had to pass the word.

Spring seems to (finally) be here.
Happy and safe riding.
Ted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-LED-Battery-Monitor-voltage-and-charge-indicator/150479033981?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=005&category=294&cmd=ViewItem

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm interested in getting one of these, but I'm not sure where or how I'd mount it. Got any pics of your install?

·
Registered
4,762 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Answers to your questions

I mounted the LED in the dash just under the left pop rivet. The installation was simple: wire pos. lead to the L side front running light pos. wire (brown/white on my V, but pull the bulb and check yours) and the neg/ ground lead to the bolt that secures the headlight assembly the the frame.
Will attach a pic when can.
The hole in the dash is drilled with a 1/2 spade bit after putting tape on the dash (per instructions). Then open up carefully to final size (check often) with a Dremel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Received my LED charge indicator from the UK today, tapped into the little running light on top of the head light and it seems to work great. Easy install and hook up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Received my LED charge indicator from the UK today, tapped into the little running light on top of the head light and it seems to work great. Easy install and hook up.
That will work, but for more accurate readings, it should be on it's own "switched circuit"... meaning directly to the battery only when the ignition is on....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts