Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the Evotech Radiator Guard on my 2011 V today. It's made for a 2009-10 V. In my rush to farkle, I didn't really consider that a lot of cool farkle stuff is not out for the 11's yet. But, undaunted, I pressed on. The 2011 does not have a lower deflector plate, so the bottom two holes were open. I also could not reverse the nutplate on the top left of the radiator. It removed easily enough, but I could not reinstall it easily.

There was only one nut for the dummy screw in the kit I received, so I went to the motorcycle dept at Ace Hardware for four M6 nuts and lock washers. These are what I used on all four mounting bolts. Installation was easy after that.

Starting on the Fender Eliminator next.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What did you do with the upper right tab hole on radiator guard that has nothing to connect into on my 2011 model. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
What did you do with the upper right tab hole on radiator guard that has nothing to connect into on my 2011 model. Am I missing something?
That hole is only used on the ER-6n. You put the short screw in it with a nut so it looks like it's being used for something.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put the supplied button head bolt and nut on it. It's just to fill the hole. A dummy bolt if you will. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts