Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have these, done 4k so far. Very nice and grippy even on rain and cold pavement. Will get new ones exactly the same.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've about 4k on mine too. Superb tyre, but I would say I'm very fond of Bridgestones.

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
:thumb:Always a Bridgestone guy. done about 10K Km and still looks good.

Good on both dry and wet.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Agree. Good tires (or tyres) - good wet & dry traction and so far good wear as well. I'd have no hesitation replacing them with another set of the same. :thumb:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Bridgestone T30 has been introduced asreplacement of 023s

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Got the 023's on my versys 650 and ninja 1000 and they handle well in wet and have good wear in my opinion compared to stock tyres and various Pirelli tyres (strada and angels I have had on the bike)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Used them on my ST1100... They were magic!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bought a used Versys with BT023s, then replaced the rear with a Michelin Pilot Power, then Pilot Powers front and rear, then a Dunlop Q2 rear. Then a month ago I got BT023s front and rear. I adore the Bridgestones. They tip over nicely on turns, grip nicely, and feel firm.

I couldn't stand the Dunlop. It always felt squirmy, never secure. It felt underinflated, but wasn't. I've read comments from riders who like Dunlop Q2s a lot. But I wouldn't recommend them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Got 'em on the 2009 Versys I recently got. They've got 3500 on them and look new. I'm not a tire expert, but I do feel confident with them under me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
BT023's on my Versys for the street. No complaints.

Concerning Dunlop Q2's - they are intended as a high performance tire. They are considered second to none as a performance street tire. Many use them for track days, including myself. I have them on my GSX-R600 track bike and am very pleased.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've used a BT023 before. Not bad, but I think the Metzeler Z8 is better . Costs more, but I prefer it and I think it lasts longer for me. I've put 5 of them on my Versys.

A set of BT023 on closeout prices would be pretty compelling. Gotta wonder what the new T30 brings though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm also running the Bridgestone's. Very good tire in my opinion. Mucho better than the Dunlop's that came on the Versys.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nobody compares the 023 to PR3?

·
Registered
531 Posts
My BT023's have been replaced after just over 5000 miles. The rear squared off noticeably the last 4/500 miles and the handling was starting to suffer. I had about 1.4mm left on the rear and could have easily got another 3 or 400 hundred miles out of it, but my mate phoned me with an offer of a cracker deal on the new T30's. It was too good to say no too, so here we are. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just replaced a rear PR3 and front PR2 with Bridgestone T30s. I haven't ridden on the new tires yet, but will post my impressions after a few hundred miles or so. The PR2s/3s were great. I got about 9000 miles out of each rear tire (started with a PR2 in the rear and replaced it with a PR3). I had tread left on the front at 18000+ miles, but it was getting low and I wanted to replace them as a set. The main reason I went with the Bridgestones is that people seem to like them as much as the PR2s/3s/4s and they're a tad cheaper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts