Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some speculation lately on whether or not the Versys is selling and it prompted me to think of whether or not I'd ever seen a used Versys for sale in a dealership. Well I've never seen one until today and that was in Colorado Springs, Co. I'm on vacation up here and was looking for a clutch lever when I came upon this one. It actually belonged to the owner of the dealership and was his private bike so it wasn't a trade in. The Colorado dealerships say the demand for the Versys is good in this area and never see a trade in.

You see most of the Versys for sale on either Craigs list or Ebay but I've never seen one in a dealership until today. Anyone else seen any in a dealership?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seen one at a dealer in Houston, 2009 Blue with 800 miles for $4,500 plus taxes. Said previous owner really wanted a Concours but could't afford one. Two months later inherited some money and traded it for the Conours he originally wanted!

·
Super Moderator
7,766 Posts
Quite a number of units for sales here in dealership or individuals.

Some never know what the V is about.

:cheers:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I assume the colorado springs dealership mentioned was Apex Motorsports? I live about 5 miles from that location and frequent it often. I did see a fully luggaged farkled 08 in there a few weeks ago but it did not last long. They also had a couple of new blue ones but they did not last long either. I see more Versy in this area than any other part of the country I have been in in the past year...from Oregon to Florida and many spots in between....
Rik
08 Versys

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Yes, when I bought mine in May 09, there was a used 08 in the local dealership, but they wanted as much for it as I paid for my new 08 elsewhere. I wonder if the reason you don't see more used ones is that dealers probably don't want to take away from new sales, where they make better money? I think it was amusing that my local Harley dealer has several used metric cruisers for sale if you ask, but they are hidden away in a separate building.:interesting:

·
Registered
23 Posts
i bought my green 09 used from a dealer. they had the bike since new, put a 2 bros carbon can on it and used it as a demo. the shop owner put a few k miles on it... then sold it to me with a full factory warranty.

i traded my 04 liter multistrada (that needed $1.5K of maintenance) and a little cash for it.

5K miles later and I'm as stoaked on this bike as the first day i rode it.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I've been to 4 Kawi dealers that I can think of since I got my V in 12/08 and I have yet to see a used V. Haven't seen too many new ones. Still haven't seen a 2010 model anywhere.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've been to 4 Kawi dealers that I can think of since I got my V in 12/08 and I have yet to see a used V. Haven't seen too many new ones. Still haven't seen a 2010 model anywhere.
Bones I have seen A 2010 at flamingo motor sports last weekend it was out back behind the service area. it was in the showroom a few months ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a used 2009 Blue with 2,000 miles at a dealership for $4,200 plus tax/tag/etc. I register and title all my cars in my resident state (I'm military) so I paid $4,200, drove the bike away, and paid all the TN taxes/registration myself.

Bike was completely cherry, with the Kawi top case. Drove it 354 miles back to Omaha the day I got it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts