Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I totaled my first bike. After my fractured thumb healed and I came back from deployment, my wife tells me that we needed to stop by another guy's house (his wife and my wife had become friends while we were deployed) on the way home. She had bought me a new Vstar 1300 while I was out. She new that I wanted the tourer model but they didn't come in blue that year. She had the dealer make a blue tourer for me. That's probably the only reason I still have that bike. I ride it occasionally but put way more miles on the Versys these days.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
nope.. tho i did build my husbands bike and gave it to him for my bday....... maybe one of these days ill get one

·
Registered
873 Posts
nope.. tho i did build my husbands bike and gave it to him for my bday....... maybe one of these days ill get one
You built a bike and gave it to him for "your" birthday? Are you starting a new trend, like you have to give gifts on your birthday instead of getting them. Actually, that just might keep people from forgetting your birthday if they think they are getting something.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
You built a bike and gave it to him for "your" birthday? Are you starting a new trend, like you have to give gifts on your birthday instead of getting them. Actually, that just might keep people from forgetting your birthday if they think they are getting something.
our anniversary is on my birth day so there it one less date to remember and i dont really care about my birthday. tho in the past my bday has always been a party day that i pay for so thats kinda a gift lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually the logic is good. In the chinese tradition, the birthday boy (grand-dad usually) throws a party (dinner) to celebrate his existence still. Something like giving thanks. Cash red packets will be distributed but this is just a show of wealth by the organizer.

So, no harm in giving presents to loved one on the day you were born. Maybe they'll want you to be around the following year too :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts