Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday had a forecast of 14C (57F), as well as sunny periods, so I grabbed a bagel and orange for lunch, then left on the GREEN HORNET TOO at 0940, heading N initially, starting along the E shore of Okanagan Lake towards Vernon, but planning to ride around the N end, then down S on the Westside Rd, then home.

I've written-up rides along the E shore of Lake Okanagan MANY times, so, except to say the riding was GREAT!!! - I'll skip to riding the W side, heading S after showing a couple of pics (away from the lake) near the N end, about a half mile from where I photoed the BMW F800GS parked on its nose, several year back.

IMG_0427 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0428 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC00797 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC00796 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Seeing a 'wrecker' take the bike away....:surprise:

DSC00800 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Heading S...

Due to the pandemic ALL parks are closed, so I wasn't able to go to Fintry for lunch. I stopped along the Westside Rd at a nice spot, then ate there, AND took a few pics....

IMG_0429 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0430 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0431 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0432 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

The first two pics of THIS thread were taken about 1.5 miles to the left of this pic of the E side of Lk Okanagan.

IMG_0433 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I got riding again, came around a curve to the left, and saw FIVE Rocky Mountain big-horn rams, so a few more pics.

IMG_0434 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0435 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0437 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

This guy had a PDG set of horns, as well as....:wink2:

IMG_0436 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

There's another CLOSED park at Bear Creek, but a nice view of the Bennet Bridge across the lake from there....

IMG_0439 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0440 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

From there it was "back into traffic", across the bridge, then back home, where I arrived at 1500 hours [5hrs, 20 mins and 200 kms from my start].

GREAT way to spend most of a day doing "social distancing"....

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yesterday had a forecast of 14C (57F), as well as sunny periods, do I grabbed a bagel and orange for lunch, then left on the GREEN HORNET TOO at 0940, heading N initially, starting along the E shore of Okanagan Lake towards Vernon, but planning to ride around the N end, then down S on the Westside Rd, then home.

I've written-up rides along the E shore of Lake Okanagan MANY times, so, except to say the riding was GREAT!!! - I'll skip to riding the W side, heading S after showing a couple of pics (away from the lake) near the N end, about a half mile from where I photoed the BMW F800GS parked on its nose, several year back.

IMG_0427 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0428 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC00797 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC00796 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Seeing a 'wrecker' take the bike away....:surprise:

DSC00800 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr
Wow, that BMW rider must have been really talented to park his GS in that position. Then again, I'm guessing it wasn't intentional. And then to add insult to injury they hung it upside down to haul it away! :grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts