Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm based in Brisbane, Australia.
I recently purchased a 2014 er6n (Damaged- Write-off) with only 11,000 klm (5,000ml).
This bike is currently undergoing a transformation into an Outback-Tourer-Sidecar.
There's a bit to the story, so I hope I can share the journey with you all.
I'm in my fifties and haven't ridden for Many, many years... Yes, one of those...
30+ years ago... Made a deal with my then girlfriend, soon to be wife, - no motorbikes till the future-kids finished school...
Anyway, that's my intro,

Looking forward to jumping right in...

Andrew

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've got some special mentions to take care of....

Firstly, A very big special Thanks to jdrocks...
It was his inspiration and threads on ADV that made this whole project a possibility. His vision and creativity and willingness to share has been totally inspirational and transformational and indeed- sowed the seeds that are now growing into this extension of his vision. A special thanks to jdrocks.

Next is the Fabricator who is putting all the pieces together and creating the Bike/Sidecar- itself. That would be another ADV inmate FR700. His ADV thread in Hacks is 'The Gus Bus'.

I realise that directing people to another forum is probably unacceptable and my intention is not to degrade from this Forum- but rather allow others to follow along with the build- in a way I cannot provide- and give some background to what and why/how, etc that I am here.

All the best,

Andrew

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Welcome from Canada

:welcome:to the forum
Yes some really interesting stuff from JDRocks, I had a lot of respect for his ingenuity and engineering abilities, unfortunately you won't see much more from that " inmate" , he always had a redirect to Adv which was tolerated, he left I think permanently in June 2017.

As to posting, you could post in other makes and models, once you get your time in. There is now a photo hosting provision in the Gallery on this forum, since photobuckets kicked the bucket, so to speak.

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
I realise that directing people to another forum is probably unacceptable and my intention is not to degrade from this Forum- but rather allow others to follow along with the build- in a way I cannot provide- and give some background to what and why/how, etc that I am here.

All the best,

Andrew
You would find out real fast if it was spam, as to a personal web page , as long as it isn't posted to draw members from this forum to a competing forum and is linked to a thread that you started, it is tolerated. However it is better to copy text and photos to this site and a thread of your own.

Cheers, thanks for the heads up...
I belong to ADV and also a UKVersys site, the UK site would get you kicked off just talking about this. If you aren't sure , do what you just did , ask, and :eek:penarms::thanx:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts