Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Er6n handlebars?

13K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  andrewhtf 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried to fit Er6n handlebars to the V. I like the height and I am thinking that it will already have the hole drilled in the bars since Kawi probably uses bin parts for the controls. They are 7/8 like the V which should make the swap easy enough. Before everyone says to go aftermarket I have already looked and ordered two sets of bars that I did not like. Almost all aftermarket 7/8 bars I could find had a cross bar and I dont want a cross bar. Any advice would help, thanks

#2 ·
I have encountered one person who did the opposite, a Versys bar on the ER6n. The reason was the ER6 bars are narrower and makes it more difficult to turn. The ER6 doesn't turn as naturally as the Versys, so a wider bar helps it to turn better. He did try another bar prior to using the Versys one.

#4 ·
A shorter width bars will have less protection for the fairings and radiator cowl in a drop. So is removing off the end bars in an event where a hand guard is installed. Try to keep the overall width of the bars stock or longer.

#5 ·
Although I wouldn't go wider than stock bars which are 29.5 . I recently switched bars on mine and went one inch wider to 30.5. Made handling twitchy and less stable in turns at speed. Reduced down to stock and no problem. Wider on this bike is not better.

#6 ·
ER6 handlebars has shorter width. let's just ay that after riding on a versys, riding my friend's ER6 is kinda... weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.