Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thrown in some Er6 pistons (and cams) but the pistons measure the same and in fact turns out, the later years part numbers are the same. Heads/gaskets "appear" the same too from measurements done over the phone.

nor is a dynamic compresion issue, so bit of a msytery? - anyone know where its stated where the hike comes from?

·
Registered
227 Posts
i don't know but i can tell you that the er6 cams MAKES a LOT of difference on versys
i installed them last week, and it's a totally different bike now
Max speed of 220+km/h
You will have a dyno asap

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know but i can tell you that the er6 cams MAKES a LOT of difference on versys
i installed them last week, and it's a totally different bike now
Max speed of 220+km/h
You will have a dyno asap
thats 130mph! - pretty big jump for cams? Top speed for me [indicated/15t] on the V was only around 115/120 tops. But describe the differences now?

I took it up the road to check for leaks, didnt seem any worse top gear roll on but icy roads, could'nt go mad.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Versys, ER6, Ninja 650R's all share the same pistons, head gasket, and cylinder base gasket. The Versys must have more volume in the head's combustion chamber, as small and unperceivable as the difference may be. You could confirm this with the water volume in the holed plexiglass cover method...

·
Registered
384 Posts
If that is the case the part number for the head would be different, the head could be .0001 shorter too, that would bump compression as well, lots of ways to adjust compression. The cams are different for sure.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If that is the case the part number for the head would be different, the head could be .0001 shorter too, that would bump compression as well, lots of ways to adjust compression. The cams are different for sure.
Don't forget the pipes
The versys's pipes have a connection between them, for better performance at the low rpm's

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Part numbers are in fact different for the head and the cylinder block. The difference is likely in the head's combustion chamber volume.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
normally gasket/pistons are easiest/cost effective rather revise head for a small bump in Comp? - but comparing with V2sam's Er6, heads seem check out precisely. Had to whack it back together, so no chance to compare volumes unfortunately.

Going to contact Kawsaki when back home

·
Registered
227 Posts
We are aspecting your information, as, after installing the cams from ninja650r, i saw that i have a little less power from 9500rps's to 10500rps's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts