Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very new to riding street and the 2009 Versys is my first street bike. I was reading the thread about "Gutting the Cat" and they were talking about moding an exhaust from an ER6?? Is there a listing or what ER6 is compatible with my 2009 Versys? I was interested in doing that mod, but want to keep my stock exhaust and it got me wondering as to what else is interchangeable? And if there is price difference with some parts? Just curious......... and leaning towards doing the mod. Thanks......joey. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Very new to riding street and the 2009 Versys is my first street bike. I was reading the thread about "Gutting the Cat" and they were talking about moding an exhaust from an ER6?? Is there a listing or what ER6 is compatible with my 2009 Versys? I was interested in doing that mod, but want to keep my stock exhaust and it got me wondering as to what else is interchangeable? And if there is price difference with some parts? Just curious......... and leaning towards doing the mod. Thanks......joey. :thumb:
Hey Joey - WHY would you want to 'gut' your catalytic converter? It helps clean the air, and removing it probably just adds a bit of noise and polution. :huh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ed,

Looking to uncork the engine some and would have bought a slip on exhaust but can save some money doing it that way. The versys is very quite, and i could use alittle noise to wake up the (couple of) drivers that seem to miss me even though i'm right next to them. I tend to not drink the koolaid when the government dictates things about the environment and other things.... Otherwise they'd happily have me driving around an expensive electrical small box and peddling to work on a bicycle, all in the name of being "Green", while they drive around (or jet around) in luxury, in a very expensive car or jet, polluting just the same, and more so then your average citizen, ... not to mention on my dime (taxes). (just my personal opinion). Did i say i really like my V !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts