Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I thought it's hard enough to explain what kind of bike the Versys is to a layperson, I stumble across this....

Filling out the additional insurance form. What do you check?? :huh::D
They should have "All Of The Above" checkbox.

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts
I would check Touring for insurance purposes. I believe the versys pulls up under most insurance companies as Sport

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts
Sport+touring ad up to dual purpose. May be semantics but I bet dual purpose is much cheaper rates than "sport".
Not so sure about that. Might be a problem. Some insurance companies don't want to deal with bikes that goes off road.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Most insurance companies use the nada designation to estimate value. However, others use the manufacturer designation. Progressive have the 2008 kle 650 as a dual sport while geico have it along with the ninja as a sport. Which explains the ridiculous difference in their quoted rates.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Most insurance companies use the nada designation to estimate value. However, others use the manufacturer designation. Progressive have the 2008 kle 650 as a dual sport while geico have it along with the ninja as a sport. Which explains the ridiculous difference in their quoted rates.
especially as a 23 yr old male, the difference was almost 300$/year for me

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Progressive considers the V a sport bike for insurance purposes. Guess looks outweigh performance. They get more money that way. I guess the Versys really does not look like a "standard" bike with all the styling, but in my opinion it is.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Odd, but I got much better pricing from Geico, and multi-vehicle discount with car plus V. Moto pricing was almost half of Progressive's quote, which did not include multi-V discount because that requires calling an agent rather than pricing it online...and I didn't feel like dealing with that. My other option was USAA, but that was also more expensive.

·
Registered
195 Posts
we had our cars plus my dads goldwing on my geico policy and it came out to more than 700$ but only around 400 from progressive.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had Dairyland for 3 years and they went up every year, so I switched to Progressive and not only were they $50 cheaper, they actually went done $25 last year. I am curious to see what happens this coming July.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thankfully, my State Farm agent was familiar with the Versys. My rates with SF were far better than the quotes I got from the other guys.

Drive around and look for an agent with a bike in the 'reserved' spot in the back of the insurance company building. :)

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Thankfully, my State Farm agent was familiar with the Versys. My rates with SF were far better than the quotes I got from the other guys.

Drive around and look for an agent with a bike in the 'reserved' spot in the back of the insurance company building. :)
My state farm agent (which I have my autos and home with) told me they cant touch the rates of Geico or Progressive on motorcycles. As I said before, there are many variables...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts