Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2008 with 11,000 miles.
What kind of engine life expectancy can I look for out of a well maintained Versys engine.
Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
Guys over in the British Versys forum are reporting mileage of 70k, 80k, 90k without major problems.

I expect at least 100k to 150k miles out of this engine when properly maintained and oil changed.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yes... what Pretbek said.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mileage

I am looking at a 2008 with 11,000 miles.
What kind of engine life expectancy can I look for out of a well maintained Versys engine.
Thanks
I just rolled 67K miles on Mobile 1 car oil. I just thought I would share. On a separate note I wish the Ahole that has the code to my garage door would stop letting air out of my tires and stiffening up mu suspension. I always figure it out and it is getting really old.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Advertising

I don't know what made you think that advertising THAT was a good idea, but I don't think I F*** that if meant saving the human race from extinction.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
every 6000 miles/9000 kms
- inspect/clean air filter
- idle adjust
- change oil and filter

every 24,000 miles
- valve clearance check/adjustment

Obviously doing the above will help ensure nothing shortens the life of the engine

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
...On a separate note I wish the Ahole that has the code to my garage door would stop letting air out of my tires and stiffening up mu suspension. I always figure it out and it is getting really old.
You know you can CHANGE your code....

:goodidea:

·
Registered
257 Posts
i just got 65000 km out of a air cooled single (sold it in running condition but starting to consume oil), so a maintained liquid cooled should go at least 100,000+ before needing fresh rings.. the fewer the # of cyl, the cheaper the parts cost to rebuild btw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts