2011 Versys 650 and 2001 Bonneville 790
Hi-Flo Filtro makes good quality air and oil filters - just search eBay for best price / shipping. The air filters are re-useable / cleanable but a new one (pre-oiled) is only $14 US. Spark plugs are NGK CR9EIA-9 (they are Iridium tipped and should last nearly the life of the bike) - again check eBay for best pricing if you feel the need to replace them.Hi,
Since I will do the maintenance od versys on my own, I want to ask a few important questions:
- Oil change after warming or before warming?
- What size of washers I should use?
- what company makes quality oil filters.
- how to properly judge the looseness of the cam shaft chain. Do i have to take out the tensioner before? How loose the chain should be?
- What type of glue i should use to "on the crescent gasket )
- What type of air filter?
- what type of spark plugs and what company offers the quality ones?
Should I remember about something?
Cam chain is self adjusting - no maintenance required unless you suspect something may be wrong.
I use high temperature RTV silicone for nearly all sealing applications.