Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm still deciding whether to get a GSR or Versys.

The story is... I have been a thumber rider (KLX250, XR250). I have enough of the vibration of the single cylinder actions. Once tried the silky smooth actions of straight-4 engine (Z1000), I'm now quite concern the vibration of parallel twin engine.

How do you rate the engine vibration of the Versys? How does it compare to other bikes? Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Almost non-existent. I came from a DRZ, which is pretty smooth for a thumper, but still had its vibes. The Versys is like a cadillac in comparison.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I find the Versys has a bit of vibration under 5000 rpm , nothing like a thumper , but over that it is really smooth .

4 cylinder will be a bit smoother under 5000 rpm .

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
It is a remarkably smooth twin. I only feel a bit of a buzz at 5600 rpm, that's it really. I was pretty impressed at how smoothly it rushes up to 10500 rpm redline. I came off of a Yamaha WR426F which was a very smooth single, but rougher at low rpms. I've also had a ZX6 inline-4 with a 14000 rpm redline, but the Versys has a much more usable power delivery. The Versys has a very pleasant subdued rumble and torquey presence to it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts