Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a 2010 Kawasaki Versys 650

I have bought crash bars. I have also bought some GB Racing Guards.

MY QUESTION IS CAN I USE THE ENGINE GUARDS AND THE CRASH BARS; I.E., WILL THE ENGINE GUARDS PREVENT THE FITMENT OF THE BARS?

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
Should be okay, best way to find out is to get the fitting done.The crash bars don't go so low to the engine protectors.

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
19,125 Posts
They should fit just fine.

I 'low-sided' my '08 at 20 to 30 mph w/ "crash-bars", and got ONLY a VERY small area on the lower part of the left-side timing cover.

I think having BOTH is a bit of "over-kill"....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. The engine guards would not fit with the crash bars: not enough clearance. I elected for the crash bars, and I think they look great. Hopefully won't find out how well they work, but seem quite stout.

They should fit just fine.

I 'low-sided' my '08 at 20 to 30 mph w/ "crash-bars", and got ONLY a VERY small area on the lower part of the left-side timing cover.

I think having BOTH is a bit of "over-kill"....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crash Bars Installed

I went with the SW Motech guards. Installed last night with no trouble. Only issue/critique is that the long bolt that goes through the bottom area of the M/C sticks out near the brake peg. Could be fixed by modifying by trimming it. Not going to do that just yet because I'm afraid that might effect stability (i.e., not leaving enough thread to secure the bolt). I'll see if I can just get used to it - training/muscle memory type of thing.

Also installed a new ZG windscreen.

·
Super Moderator
19,125 Posts
I went with the SW Motech guards. Installed last night with no trouble. Only issue/critique is that the long bolt that goes through the bottom area of the M/C sticks out near the brake peg. Could be fixed by modifying by trimming it. Not going to do that just yet because I'm afraid that might effect stability (i.e., not leaving enough thread to secure the bolt). I'll see if I can just get used to it - training/muscle memory type of thing.

Also installed a new ZG windscreen.
When I installed the SW-Motech crash-bars on both the '08 and '09, I "reversed" that long thru-bolt to have the nut on the other side - made putting the spacers ON a lot easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts