Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at different Versys articles on the net you find they quote different HP and torque numbers. My 08 is supposed to put out ~59HP while the recent reviews I have read on the new Versys quote 64HP. Have they tweaked the engine to get more HP?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Maybe Canadian Horses are bigger and you don't need as many to get the same power? :D

I know long LONG ago any power that was printed on a bike was referred to as Pony Power, we guessed they were using Shetland Ponys for their standard.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Could this simply be because motorcycle journalist are mesuring at the wheel (with a dyno for instance) VS manufacturer mesure at the shaft of the engine !?!

LOP

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Different bikes, different dynos, different days, different conditions = different results.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think there's some ponies that get lost in translation between gross horsepower (at the shaft) and net horsepower (at the pringle on the ground).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Red is the fastest. I dont need to go over 119 mph anyway and the little red chick bike does that. It will get you a 43mph in a 30mph ticket.
cheers
jet

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Different bikes, different dynos, different days, different conditions = different results.
+1

A lot of the online sources appear to redigest the same thing verbatum so if something's incorrect it could be reported as fact from several sources. I always find the estimated or mentioned top speeds interesting as they seem to vary.

·
Registered
720 Posts
my bike after pc5 with 2 dynotunes only gave me 59.7bhp on the rear wheel. Yeah wat a lousy result. But at least i gets some bragging points to rave about, it doesnt matter even if you leave me in dust and smokes, lol.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
In 2010 they changed intake changing HP from 59HP to 64HP. :thumb:

You can feel the difference! ;) :cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Bad :joke:!

Some little changes in 2010 but not HP! :p :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts