1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah, it's been posted. Despite the fact that I like the idea of a lighter, more dirt worthy Versys, that has got to be the lamest video ever to show off a supermoto. :sleeping:

Gustavo

·
Registered
318 Posts
this was shown here a little while ago. I like overall what he's done with the bike. My only problem is that the bike works sooooooo good already, why go and mess it up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's been posted. Despite the fact that I like the idea of a lighter, more dirt worthy Versys, that has got to be the lamest video ever to show off a supermoto. :sleeping:

Gustavo
So I guess thats a no... you dont have a pic or a link to a converted Versys, thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I want to put this look on my Versys so bad, I have found their website http://www.s2-concept.com/, the only problem is the company is in France and I don't really have the $1,000 to buy the parts, converted from Euro to USD. Does anybody know if you can get radiator caps like that in the US or even in Canada?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't know. I kinda like it. I'm new here so the video is new to me though.

I also agree with Enemy Zero, though. One of the things I like about the V is that it doesn't need a lot of additions to be a great bike. Coming from a KLR, I definitely have a strong farkle tendency, but I'm trying to resist tricking the V out too much.

I think it's important to remember, though, that the guiding concept behind the bike is the VER(satile) SYS(tem). It's made to be a platform for the owner to build and customize upon.

Anyway, new member DragonBreath here. Checking in.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome DragonBreath! For my first bike, I thought long and hard about the KLR650, but the dealership in Santa Fe also had a Versys for me to sit on. I am sure glad that I went with the Versys. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another

·
Registered
1 Posts
"@ acehole: if you already call the supermoto-version a duck, what do you call this? Do you remember Gonzo from the muppet show? "
I know you are thinking Gonzo, but I think Crow T. Robot is a better fit.

·
Super Moderator
20,663 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been searching high and low for a more enduro/supermoto style Versys and have heard rumor of a 09 GS model (I am waiting), does anyone have pics or links to a converted Versys ? I dont know if this has already been posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myO_d6pElVw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SjW1AJp5nw&feature=related
Just a question, why would you address it as a GS which is BMW?

I didn't say that, did I...? ;)

Gustavo

Man, the exhaust is pretty ugly on those er6n look alikes, looks like an ardvark gone amuck

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.