Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After perusing this segment of the forum.
i noticed threads on, what field of work are you in?
And, Members who are laid off and looking.

This forum could be an excellent networking tool.
for all of us whom are now laid off.

Not quite sure how to properly administer this.
quite frankly it could be it's own topic.

I work in York, PA. at a small manufacturing facility.
we are a screw machine job shop.
we make parts for Caterpillar, Harley Davidson, and Parker Hannifin.
last year at this time we employed 50 direct employees,
and 10 indirect employees.

currently we are down to 7 direct employees, and 5 indirect,
I am in with the indirect. ( Plant Manager )
and am on a 4 week on/4 week off rotation with our other manager.

my point is, it would be awesome for the Members to try and help
out those who are laid off.
By relaying job opportunities to those in need.

Not quite sure how to format this idea.
but for those of us who are laid off.
List your Trade and maybe some one out there might have an opportunity
available for you.
Of course this might involve relocation.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this.

Any and all input would be welcome...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Maybe I can help a little. I am the recruiting and hiring coordinator for the Decatur Illinois Fire Department. We are going to be starting the hiring process sometime this summer. Check our city website

http://www.ci.decatur.il.us/departments.html

It will show a link to our fire department as well as the human resources department. When we start taking applications it will be announced on the human resources page. Also, feel free to send direct questions to [email protected] and that will go right to my desk.

We will be hiring candidates between the ages of 21 and 35 with a high school degree or equivilant, a valid drivers license, and no felonies. Previous training/experience is helpful but certainly not required.

Hope this might help someone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spiderman

Thank you very much.

My Father was a Lancaster City Fireman for 32 years.
Very Honorable and much needed profession.

this is what i was talking about.
any type of Job fairs/drives, for any work sector.

Regards, Brad.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My wife and I would like to relocate to the North Carolina - Tennessee border area. I am a former teacher and Navy veteran, she's currently teaching. Anybody know of anything available out there?
Turnover at the schools here is high every year; any teacher looking for a job just north of Houston could probably find one at Shepherd, Cleveland, Livingston, Coldspring, etc...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm an engineer/manager with ISP CHemicals...(International Specialty Products) I'm located in Calvert City Kentucky but we have plants and facilities all over the U.S. and around the world... here are some jobs that we have available...if you would like more info pm me.
1373 Purchasing Manager, Chemicals Sourcing US-NJ-Wayne 03-17-09
1366 Process Improvement Leader US-TX-Port Neches 03-04-09
1360 Scientist I US-NJ-Wayne 03-17-09
1359 Environmental, Health, Safety & Security Manager US-MA-Freetown 02-26-09
1349 Occupational Health & Industrial Hygiene Internship US-OH-Columbus 03-06-09
1342 Manager Business Analysis US-NJ-Wayne 03-25-09
1329 Site Manager - NE Wisconsin US-WI-Pembine 09-11-08
1126 Safety Engineer US-TX-Texas City 06-19-07

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Well I hate to hear of anyone being unemployed as I've been down that road in the past but am now retired. I've got enough to get by and my wife runs her own business which helps. The has a carpet business and is looking for agents to sell in the DFW area. You'll be your own boss, have company trainng, furnished all samples and she will work with you to ensure your success. It's straight commision but 60K a year is just about minimum if you'll work. If anyone is interested contact Deborah Stout at 214-642-7701.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I currently hold my job with a machine tool company which supplies the big3 and others like JonhDeere, Catipillar, Cummins and so on. They are slowly closing up the shop I work in and are planning to move to a sister company shop and share that facility which will be a 60mile one way trip ( no freeway ). I wouldn't mind moving out of state to work somewhere doing the same thing but maybe not so much auto company stuff. I am a machine tool electrician job foreman.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I got laid off last fall right when things were starting to get ugly.
I managed to find a new job by January and change to full-time salaried position in May.

I know things seem rough but a lot of that is the media hyping up the recession to sell papers / get page views. There are still people out there making money and those people are still hiring if you're good enough. The only thing that has changed is that there are relatively more people applying and relatively fewer total opportunities.
You just have to be better than all the other applicants, like always.
:goodluck:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts